U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2017, 04:22 PM

17,906 posts, read 9,836,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
She's a goddess with a little g. Super human but not omniscient.

That doesn't mean there are no rules. It just means the rules are different.
And get rewritten when the writers change and want to start a new universe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 05:05 AM

12,131 posts, read 8,102,399 times
Quote:
She's a goddess with a little g. Super human but not omniscient.

She's not a demi god though even the movie mentioned it takes a god to kill one.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:59 AM

6,370 posts, read 4,524,286 times
Just saw this film last week via Red Box. I rate it a 7 out of 10. As far as the DC movies go I think it was better than Dawn of Justice aka Man of Steel 2. I didnt really like the villian though. I think Suicide Squad was a little more entertaining as a movie. Gal Gadot is good actress especially with facial expressions. Its good there is finally a Wonder Woman movie in the books now. I always thought they should have done one during the Chris Reeve-Michael Keaton days. I guess better late than never. I would like to see all of the movies again.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:05 AM

11,315 posts, read 5,839,816 times
Quote:
Ditto.

The only DC-based movies I enjoy watching more than once have been The Dark Knight and Wonder Woman. Everything else they have released has ranged from bad to meh. At least their live action stuff. Many of their animated movies are excellent.
I doubt Wonder Woman will stand the test of time. It doesn't mean there won't be a good Gal Gadot Wonder Woman movie eventually but this intro movie won't be it. I personally think The Dark Knight is borderline unwatchable. It doesn't hold me all the way through and I even tried watching it on my laptop on an airplane with no distractions. If Heath Ledger hadn't died, the movie would have. Batman Begins is a far better movie.

I think I'm one of the few people who actually liked Man of Steel. General Zorg was kind of comic-booky but the other supporting cast was excellent. Russell Crowe. Kevin Costner is stiff enough to be a great stoic farmer. Diane Lane. Lawrence Fishburne. It was kind of refreshing to cast Amy Adams as a non-glam Lois Lane.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:05 PM

2,950 posts, read 966,342 times
Default What did you think of Wonder Woman (2017)?

I thought it was pretty good. It is overrated though, in the sense, that everyone is saying how it's one of the very best superhero movies of all time, or a masterpiece. Where as I think it's a good solid superhero movie, and entertaining, but not as far masterpiece. I would put around #10, if I made a top 10 superhero movie list perhaps.

SPOILERS

One major complaint I have about it, is that I feel that the twist in the end, was not as well done. Mainly they make it so that Danny Huston was not Ares, and it was Trevor's superior.

But I felt it would have been a much better twist if the Dr. Poison character (Elaina Anaya), was Ares. You just wouldn't have seen it coming so much, and I think it would have felt like a much more natural twist, as it makes sense for Ares to disguise himself as a woman, if the Amazons would be looking for him.

It also makes more sense for Ares to making weapons of mass destruction if he wants to take over the world.

I also feel that by keeping the villain as a surprise, that they didn't have enough time to develop him as a result, which makes for a less stronger villain, in favor of a surprise twist as a result.

But that is not too big of a complaint, just something I thought would be really cool if it were to happen.

I feel that maybe the fish out of water humor gags also is done for too long maybe, to the point where it gets kind of gimmicky. But that's also not a huge complaint, as the movie also has a lot of pros too it. What do you think?

Old 10-29-2017, 11:19 PM

1,401 posts, read 726,499 times
I'm glad that it was quite a big success, that's all I can say about it.

Old 10-29-2017, 11:31 PM

5,593 posts, read 2,429,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
But I felt it would have been a much better twist if the Dr. Poison character (Elaina Anaya), was Ares. You just wouldn't have seen it coming so much, and I think it would have felt like a much more natural twist, as it makes sense for Ares to disguise himself as a woman, if the Amazons would be looking for him.
Nope, wouldn't have worked. Dr. Poison was a separate Wonder Woman nemesis entirely, like the Penguin to Batman, i.e. one of her oldest, most famous nemeses, but not quite as popular as Joker and Riddler.

Also, it would've been the worst bait-and-switch since Slattery-Mandarin-Killian in Iron Man 3.

Old 10-29-2017, 11:37 PM

Yeah but they had no problem fusing Henry Ducard and Ra's Al Ghul into one villain in Batman Begins, and a lot of fans didn't complain about that, so what's wrong with fusing Dr. Poison with Ares?

Old 10-29-2017, 11:44 PM

5,593 posts, read 2,429,349 times
Apart from the gender gap? Because there's no need to. It would be like fusing Joker with Mad Hatter.

Old 10-29-2017, 11:47 PM

Well the point is, is that they wanted to keep Ares' identity as a surprise, and I felt it would have been more unexpecting and intriguing, if it turned out to be Dr. Poison. I just felt the twist would be more intriguing that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or