Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2017, 06:00 AM

3,110 posts, read 1,987,396 times

Advertisements

I've seen this again for the second time the other day... and I can honestly say that I liked it even better the second time that I saw it.

Also, I loved it when it seemed like Wonder Woman was losing, but then Steve's plane blew up and then she started to remember things that Steve said to her and their love... and then she was totally invigorated with the power to destroy Aries.

Plus, that scene kind of reminded me of this scene from The Matrix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYwdzYC3uUc

And just like when Neo said "No" when the bullets were coming at him... after Wonder Woman was re-invigorated, it was against her 'will' to let Ares' blows and attacks hit her/affect her.

But, uh-oh. With this additional comparison to another movie, I don't want to give mkpunk another reason not to like Wonder Woman. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 06:05 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,040,736 times
I have two words for any Wonder Woman reboot(movie or TV):

LYNDA

CARTER

Old 07-21-2017, 06:08 AM

Also, this film has yielded some great quotes:

Steve to Diana: Stand back... Or maybe not.

Sameer: I am both frightened...and aroused.

Diana: Would you say you're a typical example of your sex?

Steve: I would say I'm above average.

Diana: It's not about "deserve." It's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:09 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
I loved it when it seemed like Wonder Woman was losing, but then Steve's plane blew up and then she started to remember things that Steve said to her and their love... and then she was totally invigorated with the power to destroy Aries.
That was actually the one scene in the movie where even my 11 year old daughter rolled her eyes and said, "Oh, Puh-leeze."

Old 07-21-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That was actually the one scene in the movie where even my 11 year old daughter rolled her eyes and said, "Oh, Puh-leeze."
Really, Mark? But that was one of the best scenes in the movie... and which will probably help to contribute to Wonder Woman being DC's first domestic $400 million movie this weekend. Or if not this weekend, at least next week.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
and which will probably help to contribute to Wonder Woman being DC's first domestic $400 million movie this weekend. Or if not this weekend, at least next week.
Or the first domestic $400 million movie out of the current DCEU movies.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:29 AM

And which will soon surpass Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 to be this summer's biggest movie.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:47 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

She's at the age where cynicism is taken as hipness.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:01 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Really, Mark? But that was one of the best scenes in the movie...
Could not possibly disagree more. Ares finally revealing himself is where the movie totally fell apart for me. I really enjoyed WW, but the climactic battle was just typical, seen-it-a-thousand times comic books silliness. The whole "remembering something someone said earlier in the movie" to give the hero a sudden surge of strength has not only been done a thousand times, it has seldom been done well --- and made no sense at all in this movie.

This movie is a huge hit --- and rightly so --- because it did so much else right. Beautifully right! But the end fight is probably the film's single biggest weakness.

Future filmmakers in this genre would do themselves a big favor if they would remember that the final confrontation between hero and villain is NOT about who is stronger. Just keep punching till the strongest one is the last one standing. Yawn. It needs to be about the emotional conflict between the hero and the villain, the hero's inner fortitude that wins the day. The hero's final victory shouldn't be just about punching the bad guy down, but about defeating his or her own inner demons. The hero's REAL struggle is with himself or herself.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:06 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
I knew Lupin was Aries from the first time I saw him. There was no other point in his being there (in the movie and so involved with the team). So that was meh.

Then all the villains were so damn goofy. That also made it meh.

Production value good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies