U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 02:40 PM

3,196 posts, read 1,886,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
I thought TC did a great job in the remake of War of the Worlds...And I love the original.
His acting was good, but man did that remake suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 02:45 PM

2,191 posts, read 1,068,118 times
oh I liked it.

Old 04-30-2016, 07:19 AM

1,978 posts, read 844,945 times
Whatever happened to Brandon Frasier?

So what if they are making a sequel that you have no interest in? Do you have part ownership in anything related to the effort? Does this costs you anything? Do you have to see it?

Don't like Tom Cruise? Well....go on the internet and tell everybody about it. I'm sure they are quite concerned about your opinion.

"Edge of Tomorrow" with Tom Cruise was possibly my favorite movie of 2014. Cruise always gives 100% in his efforts.

But then....I harbor no rabid dislike of any major star. They are actors. They act. I don't know hardly anything about them. Besides, their personal life is not really my business. My .02.

Old 12-06-2016, 03:14 AM

9,800 posts, read 4,924,995 times
As per usual with his movies, Tom Cruise is topless, is constantly running, and gets thrown off by an explosion. CGI looks overdone as expected. But looks somewhat promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjHgzkQM2Sg

Old 12-06-2016, 05:31 AM

7,878 posts, read 5,975,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
As per usual with his movies, Tom Cruise is topless, is constantly running, and gets thrown off by an explosion. CGI looks overdone as expected. But looks somewhat promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjHgzkQM2Sg

Ok, after watching the trailer is does look good more action/horror then the first one.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:50 AM

12,437 posts, read 5,492,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Well if Cruise is in it, I will not watch it.
I quite agree.

I may try watching it when it reaches cable, but I will no longer pay to see Tom Cruise on the big screen.

I was not impressed with the preview. Mummy + high tech. Not what interests me.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I don't get all the Cruise-hate. I'm looking forward to The Mummy.
The hate comes from his obnoxious behavior mid-career. When he was younger, I kinda liked him. But then he went through the couch thing with Ophra, the Scientology bunkum, and his views on psychiatry.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
wtf? Is the most recent Brandon Frasier Mummy movie even 10-15 years old yet?
I actually liked those films.

The original with Karloff was classic and serious.
The Frasier films were just for fun.

Wasn't there some mummy film with an older Charlton Heston?

Old 12-06-2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yup.

Say what you will about the guy's personal life (and he is a fruitcake), but there is no doubt that Tom Cruise is a genuine movie star. He can act, given the right script in the hands of the right director. When Cruise is in bad movies, it really isn't the fault of Cruise or any of the other actors. A bad movie is nearly always bad because of the writing and directing. Even the best actor in the world can't turn bad writing into good writing.
Well...I can watch Jack Nicholson and Ronald Colman in lousy or terribly outdated films just for the joy of watching their acting.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:47 AM

12,339 posts, read 16,976,903 times
That trailer left me scratching my head a bit. The movie is THE MUMMY. A supernatural horror from beyond the grave. What is the central story of that trailer? A plane crash.

This doesn't look like a mummy movie to me. It looks like MISSION IMPOSSIBLE GOES TO EGYPT.

I know I'm old fashioned, but I was kinda hoping that Universal's reboots of the classic horror movies would be ... you know, horror movies. But they seem to be making action movies. As an approach, this doesn't look all that different than the last round of Mummy movies with Brendan Frasier or that horrible VAN HELSING movie with Huge Ackman or the one from a year or two ago, DRACULA UNTOLD (which should have been called DRACULA UNWATCHED).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies