Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 12:00 PM

22,910 posts, read 28,245,835 times

Advertisements

As much as I love Qui-Gon Jinn, I can't imagine any other actor filling Liam Neeson's wig.

The thing I am most excited about ROGUE ONE: All new characters! We've seen Obi Wan and Han and Boba Fett and all the rest. Been there. Don that. Let's see something new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 12:15 PM

112 posts, read 132,918 times
Not sure about this, looks quite dark, it reminds me more of a typical war movie. I enjoy the more humerous parts of Star Wars in general. I was hoping they'd tie in a character or something from Rebels to bring everything together better in the timeline, with how this movie looks though I can't see that jiving.
Not that I won't see it opening weekend regardless

Old 04-09-2016, 06:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
I like the trailer, I didn't think it was amazing like the Force Awakens ones BUT now I am excited for the film. Before I had to put it behind The Force Awakens and comic book movies coming out but now there's this tangible evidence of the film.

Old 04-12-2016, 08:24 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,519,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
As much as I love Qui-Gon Jinn, I can't imagine any other actor filling Liam Neeson's wig.

The thing I am most excited about ROGUE ONE: All new characters! We've seen Obi Wan and Han and Boba Fett and all the rest. Been there. Don that. Let's see something new.
I agree somewhat. New characters is good. Old one are good to, but there needs to be a balance(in the force). Prior to the disney deal there were only 6 films. One half PT the other half OT. Disney should cover both side of that nucleus. Just from the trailers it seemed like they were pushing more OT and less NEW Star Wars so I stayed clear.

Old 04-12-2016, 08:25 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,519,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Qui Gon was dead before the Clone Wars started.
I know that....lol. I never said Qui Gon fought in the Clone Wars.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:23 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,612,237 times
Reshoots again! Looks like Disney's execs aren't thrilled with the initial cut of Rogue One (meaning, no doubt, it's actually good and doesn't suck up to the first trilogy like TFA does).

Disney execs in a panic over upcoming ‘Star Wars’ film | Page Six

Quote:
The first “Star Wars” spinoff, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” is in crisis, and the movie will have to go into expensive reshoots over the summer, sources exclusively confirmed to Page Six.

The much-anticipated “Rogue One” is due for release on Dec. 16, but we’re told bosses at Disney are not fully satisfied with the first cut from director Gareth Edwards.

One Hollywood source told us, “The execs at Disney are not happy with the movie, and ‘Rogue One’ will have to go back into four weeks of expensive reshoots in July.”

A Disney source added, “The filmmaking team and the studio always anticipated additional shooting and second unit work to make the film the absolute best it can be, and the actors were aware there would be additional shooting. Coming off ‘The Force Awakens,’ there’s an incredibly high bar for this movie and we have a responsibility to the franchise and to the fans to deliver the best possible movie we can.”

Old 05-31-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
(meaning, no doubt, it's actually good and doesn't suck up to the first trilogy like TFA does).
I don't know. Gareth Edwards's GODZILLA definitely would have benefited with some heavy reshoots.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:46 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,612,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I don't know. Gareth Edwards's GODZILLA definitely would have benefited with some heavy reshoots.
A different beast, literally and figuratively. I liked Godzilla, though.

Old 05-31-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I liked Godzilla, though.
I did too. But I wanted to love it. And I didn't. The movie spent of its time on its most uninteresting characters.

Old 05-31-2016, 02:38 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,105,948 times
Quote:
Reshoots again! Looks like Disney's execs aren't thrilled with the initial cut of Rogue One (meaning, no doubt, it's actually good and doesn't suck up to the first trilogy like TFA does).

Disney execs in a panic over upcoming ‘Star Wars’ film | Page Six
This is concerning.

Nut up, Disney. Live a little. So what it gets a little "dark." Tinker Bell will be just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies