Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 02:08 PM

9,842 posts, read 7,585,185 times

Advertisements

I am excited about this movie. I hope Disney keeps going this way like to see the battles between the Sith, Jedi, and Yoda stepping up as one of the most wisest Jedi.

Still I want that alarm they use I the trailer to wake me up I like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 02:27 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,574,167 times
Rogue One is getting reshoots, script tweaks and "help" with direction. Word is the Disney dorks think the movie's too gritty. They want to water it down. Oh, well. So much for that.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:32 PM

9,842 posts, read 7,585,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Rogue One is getting reshoots, script tweaks and "help" with direction. Word is the Disney dorks think the movie's too gritty. They want to water it down. Oh, well. So much for that.
That sucks look forward to a dark abysmall Star Wars movie.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:18 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,068,135 times
Leave it to Disney to tear apart what could've been one of the best SW movies yet. Ugh!

Old 06-06-2016, 12:56 PM

211 posts, read 209,680 times
If you think that Disney (Disney, people!), who spent 4 billion dollar for the property, is going to greenlight a Star Wars film and NOT meddle with the director in order to make it as inoffensively appealing to the widest audience possible as they can, you don't know Disney. Disney will make sure to squeeze every single dollar out of every SW film, and if it takes making them as blandly assembly-line as possible, so be it.
I mean, they already demonstrated their take on Star Wars by basically remaking it (The Force Awakens was pretty much a The New Hope remake), and audiences responded to the tune of 2 billion dollars, making Star Wars: The Force Awakens one of only three movies in history to gross that much (Avatar and Titanic are the other two).
Of course they are not going to pour hundreds of millions of dollars in a film that alienates some audiences...

Old 06-07-2016, 05:22 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,574,167 times
Whoa!

EXCLUSIVE: 'ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY' Is Reshooting Nearly Half Of The Movie

Old 06-08-2016, 12:31 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,731,324 times
WRONG! The talk now is these were PLANNED reshoots Rogue One reshoots: What's true and false about the changes to the Star Wars film | EW.com

On a recent Collider Movie Talk, it was talked about that the reshoots were already planned and are only happening so late due to the actor's schedules. The reshoots seem not to be the battles but character scenes. Also Tony Gilroy whom Garrett Edwards previously worked with on Godzilla (2014) for re-scripting.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:11 AM

211 posts, read 209,680 times
This is shaping up to be another Fantastic Four (2015). Could this be the first live-action Star Wars film to actually flop at the box office? Even the lowest-rated, most critically reviled Star Wars films were gigantic box office hits.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:45 AM

22,836 posts, read 28,065,210 times
Latino Review doesn't have the best track record for accurate info. I have a very hard time believing Disney is are reshooting 50% of the movie 6 months before the premiere. Were that happening, I suspect heads would be rolling.

Here is the thing that I hope someone at Disney realizes:

STAR WARS has a long and proud history of being a family-friendly movie about heroes and villains, good vs. evil, etc. I understand that they want movies that will continue to sell toys to 10 year olds each Christmas. But they also need to realize that the kids who made STAR WARS such a phenomenon aren't kids anymore. I saw STAR WARS in the theater in 1977. Do the math. SW fans like me would like a little more maturity in at least some of the SW movies or TV shows.

It doesn't mean they need to go the GAME OF THRONES route and have naked Jedi prancing around Hutt orgies. But it does mean they can elevate the stories above the level of your average Nickelodeon cartoon. It is possible to make movies that are appropriate for children but still have enough smarts for adults.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:03 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,731,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWTEBO View Post
This is shaping up to be another Fantastic Four (2015). Could this be the first live-action Star Wars film to actually flop at the box office? Even the lowest-rated, most critically reviled Star Wars films were gigantic box office hits.
It looks like they are doubling down on the dark war movie with Rogue One.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies