Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 01:51 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,115,518 times

Advertisements

"The Wicker Man" (2006)

An unnecessary remake of a 1973 classic. Quite frankly they would have better off throwing the script into the fire rather than Nick Cage!

Poor on so many levels!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 01:57 PM

560 posts, read 786,369 times
Plan 9 From Outer Space - Also one of my favorites!! Enjoy! https://youtu.be/6-kCC8WUKYk
I should add that this was Bela Lugosi's last film. "Can your heart stand the shocking facts about......" Winner of the Golden Turkey Award.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:00 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,786,894 times
Cheaper by the Dozen. I hate that movie so much. I love Steve Martin and Bonnie Hunt. And I hate, hate, hate that movie with every ounce of my being, for some reason.

Meet the Fockers was also one that I detested.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:08 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
By far, The Counselor. Oh my, you do not know bad until you have seen this one.

The Hollywood Reporter:
Despite its scaldingly hot cast and formidable writer/director combination,
The Counselor
is simply not a very likable or gratifying film. In fact, it's a bummer.
Another:The Counselor is hard to like, and the movie makes no
concessions to help the viewer like it.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:22 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Default I'm the winner!

I once make my husband go a movie that was so long that it had an official 60 minute dinner break.

It was, and I am not joking, TEN HOURS LONG, not counting the dinner break. It was a documentary about Nazi Germany. Parts of it was absolutely amazing and very interesting, showing the different types of propaganda films used in the country during the war, and parts of it were so bad that I thought that I (a special ed. teacher) could have easily written & filmed something ten times better.

You needed to purchase the tickets in advance for this special showing. The hours were something like 1 PM to 6 PM and then 7 PM to midnight. The theater started out almost full but most of the crowd did not return after the meal break. People kept leaving and leaving until there were only about a dozen of us left in the huge entire movie. My husband kept wanting to leave but I had never walked out of a movie and I thought that it had to get better. It did not.

That was over 30 years ago and my husband still occasionally teases me about it.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:29 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
The theater started out almost full but most of the crowd did not return after the meal break. People kept leaving and leaving until there were only about a dozen of us left in the huge entire movie. My husband kept wanting to leave but I had never walked out of a movie and I thought that it had to get better. It did not.

It took you 11 hours to figure that out?

Old 04-18-2016, 02:32 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
Wanna see something bad? Go see The Boss.

Far too many to think of which was worst...

Old 04-18-2016, 02:40 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
. The theater started out almost full but most of the crowd did not return after the meal break. People kept leaving and leaving until there were only about a dozen of us left in the huge entire movie. My husband kept wanting to leave but I had never walked out of a movie and I thought that it had to get better. It did not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
[/b]

It took you 11 hours to figure that out?
If I recall it correctly, the parts that focused on Leni Reifenstahl and showed & discussed various propaganda films was outstanding. But, may it was because those were in the first five or six hours and after that we were pretty tired.

I bet if it would have been used in graduate school class on film making it would have been great but for casual viewers in a movie theater. Not so great.

It is possible that it was sponsored by a University film group or a University history club. it was shown in a theater near the campus of a major University.

But, ten hours, plus a one dinner break, was way TOO long!

Old 04-18-2016, 02:42 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,507 times
The Witch... just awful

Old 04-18-2016, 10:44 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,664,766 times
I feel asleep during Lawnmower man and also nodded off during The Musketeer(2001) those are the only movies I have fallen asleep in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies