U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 02:24 PM

5,048 posts, read 3,331,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That is true, it just got a bit annoying that he made those quips during a mostly serious fight. It wasn't witty like say the Hawkeye comments in the two avenger films.
Wasn't that serious... Nobody really wanted to hurt anybody. Even those that easily could have held back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 08:59 PM

86 posts, read 39,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
I thought Spider-Man had no reason to be there.
Agreed. Also, I thought that he was a distraction in the airport battle scene and would have liked it better if it had only been Avenger vs Avenger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
He was simply used for comic relief in the battle.
Personally, I thought he was used for Disney/Marvel to announce to the world the new Sony/Marvel deal for the next Spider-Man movie.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Batman V. Superman proved that the general audience don't like dark comic book movies.
With a $328 million dollar domestic gross and $870 million dollar worldwide gross?

Also, in my opinion, those grosses would have been higher if BVS was a better movie. But still, 328 and 870 isn't really chicken feed.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
GOTHAM is a mess. I tried to like it and couldn't. There are aspects of greatness to it, but the series as a whole is just a mess.
I have to agree with you. Also, it seems to be one of the most violent shows that I have ever seen on network television: Last year, I remember tuning in and saw Jada Pinkett Smith pull out one of her eyes. Also, I started watching again this season and saw one episode where the young Gordon was beating the crap out of some thugs. Plus, there was this episode where this woman with a bird claw for a hand ripped opened someone's neck...which reminded me of a famous murder case from the 1990's.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Liked it a lot. Not perfect. But still a very good movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
Ill agree with that..it just felt like it was missing something...but what?
Actually, I loved it. I thought that the whole mystery of the person who the Winter Soldier killed in 1991 was done well. Also, I had been thinking that it was Zemo's father perhaps. Plus, near the end of the movie, I was wondering what had happened to the fight scene where Cap and Bucky were beating the crap out of Iron Man(or at least that's how the previews made it appear), but then it turned out that they were actually defending themselves against Iron Man.

P.S. Also, I personally thought that CA3 was better than CA2.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:14 AM

2,932 posts, read 1,432,939 times
Get your popcorn, check your brain, and enjoy the ride. Solid entertainment and nothing more.

Got my moneys worth.

Old 05-19-2016, 04:34 PM

4,224 posts, read 3,521,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omicron-theta-4 View Post

Personally, I thought he was used for Disney/Marvel to announce to the world the new Sony/Marvel deal for the next Spider-Man movie.
That too!

Old 05-21-2016, 03:29 PM

12,131 posts, read 8,106,619 times
Just got back from seeing it while it was good I wanted more of course these movies always tend to fall short IMO. I liked the Falcon & Bucky back & forth trying to see whose Cap's best friend. Was NOT impressed with the new kid playing Spiderman. Getting tired of a younger Spiderman over & over.
Like Toby & Andrew much better. Andrew I thought was perfect bad story line though. Like all comic book movies they of course changed the story arc here & there. As I thought I missed having all the heroes in the story from the comics. Wanda could of ended the fight at the airport but she' still young & all.
Overall good but as I stated I wanted more..

7 out of 10.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:25 PM

25,409 posts, read 14,500,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omicron-theta-4 View Post
With a $328 million dollar domestic gross and $870 million dollar worldwide gross?

Also, in my opinion, those grosses would have been higher if BVS was a better movie. But still, 328 and 870 isn't really chicken feed.
$870 on a movie that should have been the licence to print billions. Don't get me wrong, I loved that movie honestly but it made quarters to what it should have done because the fans turned on it the minute it came out and to most people, that film went over their heads. Because of that fact, the movie netted about 100-200m after the theater cut (especially internationally)'and the astronomically high production and marketing budgets when it should have made $500m on box office alone.

Civil War however was Batman V. Superman in a proven universe that most people fully enjoy and was what the general audience wanted from BvS but didn't get. Far too many scratched their heads with BvS while Civil War made everything fit without leaving important details to an extended cut of the film.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:24 PM

11,624 posts, read 5,465,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Pretty solid. Probably my 2nd fave CA movie after Winter Solider. A little heavy on the politics and depressed Tony Stark, but otherwise it was cool.
funny. I think of it as an Iron Man movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies