U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 04:50 PM

2,347 posts, read 1,198,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Batman V. Superman proved that the general audience don't like dark comic book movies.
I don't think people dislike dark comic book movies. I would consider the Dark Knight Trilogy dark and as a whole, people loved those. Also, Man of Steel was pretty dark and had a lot of acclaim. I personally thought that Batman vs Superman was decent, although I didn't love it. I don't think the poor reviews were because it was too dark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 04:42 AM

12,052 posts, read 8,062,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I don't think people dislike dark comic book movies. I would consider the Dark Knight Trilogy dark and as a whole, people loved those. Also, Man of Steel was pretty dark and had a lot of acclaim. I personally thought that Batman vs Superman was decent, although I didn't love it. I don't think the poor reviews were because it was too dark.

It's Batman so you expect that from a Batman movie. Man Of Steel was dark to an extent but when you go see a Superman movie I would expect it to be some what more light-hearted then Batman.

I can't same the same for someone like the Flash. I would expect something dark from the new DR. Strange movie though. BVS had that feeling that it was thrown together which is why it got bad reviews.

Old 05-30-2016, 10:03 AM

5,567 posts, read 2,406,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
BVS had that feeling that it was thrown together which is why it got bad reviews.
It wasn't thrown together, there was footage cut (by the studio, apparently) to get the running time down. There's a lot more content there (including a glimpse of the Flashpoint Paradox) than your average Marvel movie. I'm familiar with the source material Zack drew from, especially the mid-'80s Man of Steel reboot, though.

But everyone I've talked to, minus one, who saw BvS said they liked it and had NO problem with the narrative. 99.99% of the negative criticism is perpetuated online.

Last edited by AFtrEFkt; 05-30-2016 at 10:40 AM..

Old 05-30-2016, 10:20 AM

371 posts, read 362,722 times
I fell asleep the first beginning, the guy next to me was snoring. I think they ran out of ideas and put spider man in it.
Ending was more interesting.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:20 PM

12,052 posts, read 8,062,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
It wasn't thrown together, there was footage cut (by the studio, apparently) to get the running time down. There's a lot more content there (including a glimpse of the Flashpoint Paradox) than your average Marvel movie. I'm familiar with the source material Zack drew from, especially the mid-'80s Man of Steel reboot, though.

But everyone I've talked to, minus one, who saw BvS said they liked it and had NO problem with the narrative. 99.99% of the negative criticism is perpetuated online.

Don't get me wrong I liked it too. Yes, Batfleck did a decent job as well.. (I'll deny that later.)

I personally felt it was rushed & did jump around a lot. Many movies jump around even more so with comic book movies, to much information to cover in 2 hours as you stated above.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:30 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,106,624 times
I liked it a lot. New Spider-Man is so good!

Old 06-02-2016, 01:06 PM

5,567 posts, read 2,406,644 times
I agree with this.

Film Crit Hulk Smash: CIVIL WAR, SPIDER-MAN 2, And The Dangers Of Assumed Empathy | Birth.Movies.Death.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:39 AM

8,197 posts, read 4,118,709 times
It was okay a bit long. It kept you entertained and the fight scenes were good. Would of like the bad guy to have more of a story then his family died. I hope they keep him around and use that character more. Black Panther, Ant Man, and Spider-Man were good.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:45 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,246,134 times
It was everything I needed from this type of genre to enjoy it full throttle. I had a fun watch. Too bad the rest of this movie season seems to be one big fizzle so far, not looking forward to much as far as the action type films, but maybe Suicide Squad which isn't out till nearly summer movie season is over.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:25 AM

9,351 posts, read 5,154,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Too bad the rest of this movie season seems to be one big fizzle so far, not looking forward to much as far as the action type films, but maybe Suicide Squad which isn't out till nearly summer movie season is over.
Agreed. This has been one of the weakest summers for film I can remember. Normally there is a monster blockbuster coming out every other week between May and August. Pretty slow this summer. Free State of Jones could be a big hit, and I'm hoping Suicide Squad is at least decent. I'll probably go see Independence Day just for Nostalgia, but I'm betting it's going to suck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies