U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 09:09 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,768 posts, read 6,530,388 times

Advertisements

I just saw it and enjoyed it. Definitely spooky enough. It's one of those movies that has pockets of heart stopping scenes. I left the theater feeling like "I hope this really isn't real...". That's how I know they did a good job with it.

Seems that they left the door open for a #3, but I guess there are zillions of haunted house stories out there that they could keep this going forever and ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 11:29 AM

522 posts, read 734,733 times
I saw the movie this weekend. Scarier than the first. I wonder how much of what we saw in the movie actually happened?

What portions of the film were just pure Hollywood?

Old 06-22-2016, 12:06 PM

759 posts, read 356,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venture2000 View Post
I saw the movie this weekend. Scarier than the first. I wonder how much of what we saw in the movie actually happened?

What portions of the film were just pure Hollywood?
This might help.

The Conjuring 2 vs the True Story of the Enfield Poltergeist

Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM

7,865 posts, read 11,478,481 times
Very disappointing. I didn't think the first one was scary either. But this one had a lot of recommendations.

Old Today, 12:05 PM

44 posts, read 5,646 times
Hi OzzyRules,

I didn't like the film because it wasn't factual, Ed and Lorraine Warren only were there for one afternoon, the was no ghostly nun, but the original facts were scary, listed below from the Society of Psychical Research:-

https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/a...ld-poltergeist

I knew both Maurice Grosse and Guy Lyon Playfair, both were members of The Society of Psychical Research and the Ghost Club, the oldest such club in England, even Charles Dickens was a member!

I verify that the link below is the voice of Janet Hodgson aged 11 years old, very bassy voice isn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Xhed0jP50

I lived in Enfield during the period of The Enfield Poltergeist that started at the end of August 1977, i had joined the Ghost Club on 25th April 1977 and was a junior investigator on the case, i'm the only investigator left alive, Maurice Grosse died in 2006 and Guy Lyon Playfair died a few months ago as shown on link:-

https://www.spr.ac.uk/news/guy-lyon-playfair-1935-2018

Old Today, 12:48 PM

44 posts, read 5,646 times
Link to the Ghost Club below:-

The Ghost Club

Any comments should be on the Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal forum because i'm writing about the real Enfield Poltergeist which Conjuring 2 film is loosely based on, i do have a thread on this where i show my membership to the Ghost Club in April 1977 on download, link below:-

In the footsteps of Lankester Merrin, Lol.

Old Today, 07:42 PM

7,865 posts, read 11,478,481 times
I do think the Enfield Poltergeist case could have been made into a better film, even with the same director and actors. There was really nothing wrong with the directing or acting in the Conjuring 2. But it was just the way they took so much from the Exorcist film. Tons of stuff. It was hard to accept that anything in the film that resembled the Exorcist could have possibly happened in a real life event which occurred a few years after the film. So I could tell that it was made up. It just wasn't scary to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies