U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 02:47 PM

3,253 posts, read 1,059,191 times

Advertisements

Joss has wanted to do a female-centric hero film for years. Marvel won't let him do a Black Widow movie (because they'd have to pay ScarJo too much, and Downey keeps cleaning them out). Joss originally wanted to bring Wonder Woman back to the screen in the mid-2000s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 09:33 AM

Joss Whedon confirms he's doing 'Batgirl', talks casting - Batman News

Old 04-20-2017, 10:04 AM

12,495 posts, read 17,158,084 times
Had I come up with a list of directors I would love to do Batgirl, Joss Whedon would not have made the Top 20. I know he has a rabid fanbase. But I just don't see it. Other people must be seeing something in his movies that I just don't see.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:10 AM

Ben's training again. Nope, no recasting this Batman!

Ben Affleck Begins Training for The Batman | Screen Rant

Old 06-29-2017, 05:09 PM

Here's a great piece of news. A noir Batman film? Yes, please!

Quote:
Matt Reeves Teases Batman Solo Movie Will Be “Noir-Driven”

In an interview that was posted on
New Trailer Buzz
, Reeves commented that he plans on making the next Batman film more “Noir-driven.” Reeves stated:

“I think there’s a chance to do an almost noir-driven, detective version of Batman that is point of view driven in a very, very powerful way that is hopefully going to connect you to what’s going inside of his head, and inside of his heart.”

Batman is, after all, the World’s Greatest Detective. It would be great to see him really put his brain to work in his next theatrical outing. Reeves also talked about why he was drawn to directing a Batman film in the first place.

“One of the reasons I was drawn to it is that I had a similar obsession to Batman when I was younger that I had with the Apes series, which I was obsessed with. I see a parallel emotionally between Caesar and Batman, in that they’re both tortured and trying to sort of grapple within themselves to try and do the right thing in a very imperfect and, to some degree, corrupt world. It’s really that emotionality that I’m interested.”

Matt Reeves Teases Batman Solo Movie Will Be "Noir-Driven"

Old 06-30-2017, 09:42 PM

20,922 posts, read 11,204,454 times
I just want D.C. to make a plan and stick to it.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:30 PM

Could Matt Reeves Go from an 'Apes' Trilogy to a 'Batman' Trilogy? Here's What He Says | Fandango

Old Today, 12:22 PM

Matt Reeves was given assurances that he could make 'The Batman' his way - Batman News

Quote:
So the answer is yes, you did want assurances [before signing on to The Batman]. Maybe assurances isn’t the right word…

Reeves: No, it is.

So you are telling them, “Here’s what I want to do with Batman”?

Reeves: Yeah. When I come in, what I say is, “Look. First of all, you’re asking me if I’m interested in this franchise. I am. I love this franchise. I’ve loved it since I was a kid. But here’s the way in which I’m interested in it. And if you’re not interested in it in that way, then that’s totally fine.” And the good news was, they said, “Yeah, we’re really interested in that way.” And I remember this on Dawn, too. There would be moments where I came in for a pitch that was a certain version of the movie, and somewhere along the way, because they didn’t know me or whatever it was, they’d say, “Why don’t we do this?” And I would just simply say, “But that’s not the movie that we talked about. That’s not the movie I want to do.” And I have to say that they always backed down when it came down to that. And it’s kind of the way that I’ve always done it. And here’s the thing: I’m always happy not to do something. I’m usually looking for the reason to say no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies