U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 09:02 AM

3,009 posts, read 977,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I dunno. In BvS, there was one perfect Batman moment. The rest was just horrible. Somewhere in the past 20 years, directors seem to have gotten the impression that what makes Batman cool are the gadgets and tech. Judging from the photos released so far, it doesn't seem to me that Affleck understands it any better. I hope I'm wrong.
Ben is a bona fide Batfan. Don't forget, Geoff Johns is involved. Miller's revamp of the character has been felt largely in many films, from 1989 to 2016. I was the biggest Miller fan in the '80s-90s, and I'd also like to see them take some inspiration from the O'Neil, Conway and Moench stories. SO MANY good stories right there.

Also, what photos "so far" are you referring to, Brostradamus? The Batman hasn't even begun filming.

Re: gadgets and tech, a lot of fans actually wanted more of that in the Nolan films. I still don't think we've seen a film yet that properly illuminates that side of Batman. 'Sides, BvS has that great Batarang shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 06:45 AM

12,388 posts, read 17,022,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Also, what photos "so far" are you referring to, Brostradamus? The Batman hasn't even begun filming.
Noted. I'm talking about all the Justice League photos coming out --- and Batman's portrayal in BvS. The whole gadgetry and fascination with the utility belt just seems a holdover from the old Adam West TV show. It seems like the filmmaker's think technology is what makes Batman so formidable, which is a profound misunderstanding of the character.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
"His take is a fresh take, but I think the audience is going to be surprised. Because it's a road that no one's really gone down that's completely integral to, you know, who Batman is. And I think it's going to be refreshing, but at the same time completely familiar. But it's going to take this franchise in a direction that I think A LOT of people are going to be really happy about. It's going to be gritty and action packed and cerebral and all of those elements that people love about Batman. Ben's a great director, man. I mean, the last movie that man directed won best picture. He's got an Oscar for writing. Like, this is all the components to go down as a... everything is lined up for a really really really great movie. Not only a superhero movie but just a great great movie."
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1582...afflecks-movie

Old 01-30-2017, 07:51 PM

Matt Reeves would be a great director to sign on for this.

Ben Affleck Won’t Direct ‘The Batman’ | Variety

Old 01-31-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Matt Reeves would be a great director to sign on for this.
I liked CLOVERFIELD (although I admit I was rooting for the monster to kill every one of those annoying characters) and loved the APES films. Haven't seen any of his other work. Here's to hope.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:57 AM

7,945 posts, read 6,003,745 times
I still believe that Kevin Smith would rock a Batman movie!

Old 02-02-2017, 01:37 PM

I have yet to see a Kevin Smith movie that I would watch twice.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:14 PM

973 posts, read 287,921 times
Quote:
I feel that. I guess I'm too old to get him, but I think his stuff is terrible.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:22 PM

7,945 posts, read 6,003,745 times
Quote:

He's a HUGE Batman fan and he has his own comic bookstore. You don't have to like his other movies that's fine but I'm betting that he would do an outstanding job with Batman.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
He's a HUGE Batman fan and he has his own comic bookstore. You don't have to like his other movies that's fine but I'm betting that he would do an outstanding job with Batman.
I'm a huge Batfan, but you wouldn't want me directing a Batman movie. Fandom isn't enough. Skill and the proper aesthetic are required, and I have never seen anything in a Kevin Smith movie that would make me want him within a hundred miles of a Batman movie. Nothing against the guy personally. What few interviews I have seen from him, he seems like a nice enough guy. I just hate his movies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies