U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-19-2017, 12:07 PM
 
3,939 posts, read 1,438,370 times
Reputation: 2286

Advertisements

His agent's trying to get more money for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-23-2017, 02:12 PM
 
3,939 posts, read 1,438,370 times
Reputation: 2286
Done deal.

Quote:
“We are thrilled to have Matt Reeves taking the helm of Batman, the crown jewel of our DC slate,” said Toby Emmerich, President and Chief Content Officer, Warner Bros. Pictures Group. “Matt’s deep roots in genre films and his evolution into an emotional world-building director make him the perfect filmmaker to guide the Dark Knight through this next journey.”

Reeves added, “I have loved the Batman story since I was a child. He is such an iconic and compelling character, and one that resonates with me deeply. I am incredibly honored and excited to be working with Warner Bros. to bring an epic and emotional new take on the Caped Crusader to the big screen.”



It's Official! Matt Reeves will Direct The Batman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2017, 04:05 PM
 
3,939 posts, read 1,438,370 times
Reputation: 2286
Batman: Matt Reeves Has Final Say on the DCEU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2017, 07:11 AM
 
Location: Maine
13,226 posts, read 17,911,171 times
Reputation: 14439
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
That strikes me as the first smart decision WB has made on this franchise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2017, 10:10 AM
 
3,939 posts, read 1,438,370 times
Reputation: 2286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That strikes me as the first smart decision WB has made on this franchise.
I'm behind Reeves 110%. He's the director I've wanted on a Superman or Batman film for some time.

However, to say it's the first "smart" decision is suspect. I'd say that was re-rebooting the DC film universe after Green Lantern flamed out.

Second was Zack Snyder's new vision of Superman. Hate him or love him because he "killed" Zod, it was the shot in the arm the character needed for the big screen. Singer's movie was a stroke-off to Donner, and little more.

Third was bringing Superman and Batman together for the first time on a major feature. Not to mention we got the best, for my money, Bat cowl and suit ever. And the best Bat-action choreography to date.

Fourth was reintroducing — at long last — Wonder Woman. That was way overdue. Decades. Naturally, she's one of the highlights of BvS.

I think James Wan's Aquaman is going to surprise everyone. Looking forward to that one. (And it's not like Marvel isn't planning a Namor movie because of that, right?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2017, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Maine
13,226 posts, read 17,911,171 times
Reputation: 14439
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
However, to say it's the first "smart" decision is suspect. I'd say that was re-rebooting the DC film universe after Green Lantern flamed out.
Point taken.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Second was Zack Snyder's new vision of Superman. Hate him or love him because he "killed" Zod, it was the shot in the arm the character needed for the big screen.
The words "smart decision" and "Zack Snyder" don't ever belong in the same sentence together. Wanting a new vision for Superman was great. Giving us a bad Superman was ... well, bad. Snyder turned the original iconic super-hero into an unlikeable, navel-gazing demi-god with no common sense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Third was bringing Superman and Batman together for the first time on a major feature. Not to mention we got the best, for my money, Bat cowl and suit ever. And the best Bat-action choreography to date.
Costumes and choreography can make for a great scene, but a great scene does not make a great movie. The concept behind putting Batman and Superman onscreen together is a no brainer. Snyder's execution was a failure. Except for Wonder Woman and Alfred, who stole every scene they were in. I would have rather watched "Wonder Woman Has Lunch with Alfred" than this version of "Batman vs Superman."


Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Fourth was reintroducing — at long last — Wonder Woman. That was way overdue. Decades. Naturally, she's one of the highlights of BvS.
Yup. Now let's hope her solo movie isn't a mess.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I think James Wan's Aquaman is going to surprise everyone. Looking forward to that one.
I hope you're right. The only Wan movie I have seen was The Conjuring, which I liked a lot.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
(And it's not like Marvel isn't planning a Namor movie because of that, right?)
Are they? I hope not. Doing Namor outside of the Fantastic Four seems like a dunder head move to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2017, 11:25 AM
 
3,939 posts, read 1,438,370 times
Reputation: 2286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The words "smart decision" and "Zack Snyder" don't ever belong in the same sentence together. Wanting a new vision for Superman was great. Giving us a bad Superman was ... well, bad. Snyder turned the original iconic super-hero into an unlikeable, navel-gazing demi-god with no common sense.
You prefer Brandon Routh being directed to mimic Christopher Reeve, in a movie made to mimic Donner's 1978 Superman? Not this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Are they? I hope not. Doing Namor outside of the Fantastic Four seems like a dunder head move to me.
Could Marvel Be Moving Ahead With A Submariner Movie? - CINEMABLEND

It hasn't moved beyond a rumor — yet — but don't be surprised if that's on the slate.

The thing is, I don't like Namor aka the "Sub-mariner." I don't like his look. He's always annoyed me.

Outside of going back in time to get a pre-Matrix Hugo Weaving, where are they going to find an actor (a buffed out actor, at that) who won't look utterly ridiculous with a Sonic hairdo and his eyebrows shaped into inverted Vs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2017, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Maine
13,226 posts, read 17,911,171 times
Reputation: 14439
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
You prefer Brandon Routh being directed to mimic Christopher Reeve, in a movie made to mimic Donner's 1978 Superman? Not this guy.
I've never actually seen Superman Returns. I caught about 10 minutes of it on TV one day. It was enough to convince me not to watch more.

I don't mind a new take on the character. I do mind a bad one. Snyder's was bad. He turned the world's most iconic super hero into some sort of uncertain, navel-gazing Ayn Randian vigilante. There were moments of Man of Steel I quite liked. But the few moments did not save an otherwise unfocused and ill-thought plot.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
It hasn't moved beyond a rumor — yet — but don't be surprised if that's on the slate.
It's hard for me to care too much. Submariner was always an anti-hero of the Fantastic Four for me. With no FF, I'm just not interested in Namor.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
The thing is, I don't like Namor aka the "Sub-mariner." I don't like his look. He's always annoyed me.
Spock in a speedo doesn't do it for you, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2017, 07:28 AM
 
Location: Maine
13,226 posts, read 17,911,171 times
Reputation: 14439
So Manganiello may be out. Or maybe not. No one knows. Yeah, this film isn't in any trouble at all.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...batman-a149719
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2017, 04:44 PM
 
3,939 posts, read 1,438,370 times
Reputation: 2286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
So Manganiello may be out. Or maybe not. No one knows. Yeah, this film isn't in any trouble at all.
You're right. Not at all.

The film isn't even in production at this stage, so it can't be in any trouble from a logical standpoint.

Reeves is still busy with All Things Ape, so he can't turn his attention to The Batman yet. He may want to do something different.

Manganiello hasn't been updated, and neither has Simmons. Other actors, too. But that really means nothing at this stage. They're prepping Wonder Woman for release. Justice League is in postproduction. Aquaman is in preproduction and will commence filming soon. They've plenty going on.

By the way, Chris Hemsworth thought he'd been fired when he learned he wasn't going to be in Civil War.

Now what's a movie that's probably in genuine trouble right now? Looks like it's Saban's Power Rangers. A 100 million dollar movie projected to have a 33 million opening weekend. With a great new Kong movie, the fantastic Logan, and Disney's latest recycled pink popcorn pile, will people bother with a Power Rangers reboot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top