U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 08:36 AM

20,650 posts, read 10,999,962 times

Advertisements

Shaman looks Tongan, Flash looks like one of the Power Rangersand Cyborg looks a little bit too CGI(of course we are a year and what four months away.) I'm not fully sold on it but I buy it but I hate that
Spoiler
we already know Superman will return because Henry Caville is in Jusitce League and the end of Batman V. Superman showed the ground above Clark's grave moving (one of two scenes along with KnightMare that I hated in the movie despite loving the movie even before the Ultimate Cut added needed scenes into it.) Unless they pull a 180 and have him comeback as Eradicator or say Cyborg Superman and be evil, it is a typical Marvel N.E.R.D. (No one Every Really is Dead moment, something that was D.C.'s strong suit in the first two movies) moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 09:25 AM

12,371 posts, read 17,008,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Why would a (much shorter) warrior fight foes with deadly weapons wearing a catsuit?
Because dressing an actress in skin tight leather is "female empowerment" as long as she kicks as much bootie as the guys. Joss Whedon said so! Now pass the Kool Aid!

Old 07-25-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Because dressing an actress in skin tight leather is "female empowerment" as long as she kicks as much bootie as the guys. Joss Whedon said so! Now pass the Kool Aid!
That and it is the way Black Widow looked in the comics. At least Gal Gator isn't looking like Linda Carter did in the 1970's...

Old 07-25-2016, 10:00 AM

2,985 posts, read 971,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That and it is the way Black Widow looked in the comics. At least Gal Gator isn't looking like Linda Carter did in the 1970's...

I think Gal physically represents Diana better than ScarJo does Natasha, who isn't so petite in the comics. Ever watch The Mentalist? I think the redhead on that show, Amanda Righetti, fits Black Widow more per the way George Pérez drew her. (Don't get me wrong, I do like ScarJo-Widow.)

Old 07-25-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
I think Gal physically represents Diana better than ScarJo does Natasha, who isn't so petite in the comics. Ever watch The Mentalist? I think the redhead on that show, Amanda Righetti, fits Black Widow more per the way George Pérez drew her. (Don't get me wrong, I do like ScarJo-Widow.)

But isn't Hugh Jackman too big to be Wolverine but yet we can't see Wolverine in movies and not conpare him to Hugh now?

Old 07-25-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
But isn't Hugh Jackman too big to be Wolverine but yet we can't see Wolverine in movies and not conpare him to Hugh now?
That's right. The Jack-man IS Wolverine, as far as most people are concerned.

To be fair, that had to be one of the hardest CBM roles to cast. Good luck to whomever picks up that ball in the future. He will have to play one hard game.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:00 AM

7,925 posts, read 5,994,300 times
Quote:

Yes, he is WAY too tall to be Wolverine & it would be hard to see anyone play Logan. Yet even Singer understands that no one wants to see a 5'3-5'5 Wolverine either.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:12 AM

In the future, I would like to see a proper Uncanny X-Men film sans Wolverine, that includes Thunderbird.

But that'll never happen.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
In the future, I would like to see a proper Uncanny X-Men film sans Wolverine, that includes Thunderbird.

But that'll never happen.
Thunderbird lasted only what three issues. I rather just see Warpath. IMO, the Days of Future Past "New Mutsnts" should be brought back for the rumored New Mutants movie. I would entirely be fine with X-23 instead of Wolverine personally...

Old 07-25-2016, 11:31 AM

7,925 posts, read 5,994,300 times
Quote:
I would entirely be fine with X-23 instead of Wolverine personally...

I just can't get behind that myself it went to much along the lines of Super Boy as a clone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies