U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2018, 07:49 AM

3,069 posts, read 4,952,297 times

Advertisements

So I caved and decided to see the movie last night (couldn't believe it was still in theaters).

As a lifelong comic fan I really enjoyed it. We can debate Afleck as Batman, I'm not sure why the Flash was spun up the way he was (and how is it that the television show does a better job with the special effects than a big budget movie) or why Aquaman sounded like he was from Texas, but it was a fun couple of hours.

I love Wonder Woman, thought Cyborg was a great spin on what I had thought was a relatively boring character in my youth and enjoyed seeing these characters all come to life on the big screen.

The story did seem a bit rushed at times and disconnected at others, and when compared to the Marvel franchise definitely seemed less than, but I was entertained for the full two hours. I would also watch it again when it's available for streaming and would totally watch any sequel it inspires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 05:32 AM

3,131 posts, read 1,049,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
I would also watch it again when it's available for streaming and would totally watch any sequel it inspires.
I didn't mention this before, but I decided not to see this movie more than one time primarily because of Ezra Miller's idiotic portrayal of the the Flash.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:48 AM

Also, when I had read how this movie was really suppose to be... and how they cut out so much of it and how the movie originally was and how they changed it... and the reasons for doing so... it made me think that the Keystone Cops were running the DCEU movies at Warner Bros. studio... Idiots who didn't know what they were doing.

Also, I've recently read that Zack Snyder may have actually got fired from the JL project because Warner Bros. didn't like his version of the movie:

Quote:
Director Zack Snyder stepped down from Justice League in May of last year, reportedly to take time off due to a family tragedy. However, a new report suggests that the director was fired after showing Warner Bros. his first cut of the movie. Snyder had been working on Justice League since the conclusion of Batman v Superman and the studio might have been keeping an extra-close eye on him after the critical bashings that the last movie took. Back in January of 2017, Zack Snyder posted a cryptic message to his fans on social media that simply said, "Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon," leading some to believe that he was fired over a year ago.
Was Zack Snyder Actually Fired from Justice League?

Old 02-12-2018, 08:23 AM

14,870 posts, read 19,552,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
... it made me think that the Keystone Cops were running the DCEU movies at Warner Bros. studio... Idiots who didn't know what they were doing.
That has been evident for some time.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That has been evident for some time.
True... However, I had thought that with the quality and the success of Wonder Woman, that the studio was going in the right direction.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
True... However, I had thought that with the quality and the success of Wonder Woman, that the studio was going in the right direction.
If you stand 20 idiots in a room, blindfold them, then have them throw darts at a dart board, eventually one of them will hit a bullseye by blind luck. I think WONDER WOMAN was that bullseye. Now it's back to pulling darts out of the drywall.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
If you stand 20 idiots in a room, blindfold them, then have them throw darts at a dart board, eventually one of them will hit a bullseye by blind luck. I think WONDER WOMAN was that bullseye. Now it's back to pulling darts out of the drywall.
Well, I had read that they fired all the heads of the studio and replaced them with new people. Therefore, I was hoping that these new heads would do a better job. But I guess only time will tell.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Well, I had read that they fired all the heads of the studio and replaced them with new people. Therefore, I was hoping that these new heads would do a better job. But I guess only time will tell.
Design by committee seldom produces good results. I think one of the reasons WONDER WOMAN worked so well is that the studio hired a talented director then largely stayed out of her way.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:47 PM

5,425 posts, read 2,340,101 times
I hope they're staying out of James Wan's way, too.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:51 AM

5,425 posts, read 2,340,101 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=i5TDetm_C6c
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies