U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-23-2016, 02:16 PM
 
3,544 posts, read 1,209,660 times
Reputation: 2026

Advertisements

You may laugh, or you may cry, but the InterWebs are ablaze with chatter of the trailers for Wonder Woman and this advance teaser for Justice League!

Justice League (2017) stars:


Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman
Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/Flash
Ray Fisher as Victor Stone/Cyborg



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIHH5-HVS9o
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-23-2016, 02:21 PM
Status: "I hike and know things." (set 13 hours ago)
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
8,791 posts, read 6,340,760 times
Reputation: 7004
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
You may laugh, or you may cry, but the InterWebs are ablaze with chatter of the trailers for Wonder Woman and this advance teaser for Justice League!

Justice League (2017) stars:


Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman
Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/Flash
Ray Fisher as Victor Stone/Cyborg



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIHH5-HVS9o


Looks better then BVS did! We're missing Superman?? I'm going to guess he'll show up in the last few minutes or so..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2016, 07:08 AM
 
Location: Maine
12,790 posts, read 17,456,449 times
Reputation: 13795
Wow. Aquaman actually looks awesome.

And I'm pretty sure that this the first time anyone has ever said that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2016, 07:27 AM
Status: "I hike and know things." (set 13 hours ago)
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
8,791 posts, read 6,340,760 times
Reputation: 7004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Wow. Aquaman actually looks awesome.

And I'm pretty sure that this the first time anyone has ever said that.


I agree with you. He's got the look for being Aquaman!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2016, 11:16 AM
 
3,544 posts, read 1,209,660 times
Reputation: 2026
Wow, Marcus...no comment on the Wonder Woman trailer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2016, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Maine
12,790 posts, read 17,456,449 times
Reputation: 13795
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Wow, Marcus...no comment on the Wonder Woman trailer?
It looks awesome. I can't wait to see it.

But the costume is still silly, and if I never again see another freeze-frame/slo-mo fight scene I'll be pleased as punch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2016, 11:43 AM
 
3,544 posts, read 1,209,660 times
Reputation: 2026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
But the costume is still silly, and if I never again see another freeze-frame/slo-mo fight scene I'll be pleased as punch.
Don't expect that much slo-mo to be in the movie. I think that's edited/tweaked expressly for the trailer. Either way, it rocks.

So how's the costume silly? There's no way Wonder Woman would be able to wear her old duds. Like Cap's, they're seriously dated (which is why they show up in The First Avenger as a joke).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2016, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Maine
12,790 posts, read 17,456,449 times
Reputation: 13795
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
So how's the costume silly? There's no way Wonder Woman would be able to wear her old duds.
It's definitely an improvement on the old 4th of July swimsuit costume from the comics. But it's still silly. Why would any warrior go into battle wearing a monokini?

I understand that the filmmakers are in a tight spot on this one. If they completely change the costume, the fans will scream bloody murder. If they just copy the old one, it will look a hundred kinds of silly. So they tried to meet somewhere in the middle, which was probably the best thing they could have done, all things considered. But it still looks silly.

But I'm an old curmedgeon, and that is a very minor complaint. The movie looks great, and I can't wait to see it.

By the way, I started watching BvS last night. Meh. I'm hoping it'll get better. I'm up to the scene where Batman asks Supes if he'll bleed. So far, I'm not impressed. The movie has turned Batman into a murderer and Superman into a remorseless a-hole without a conscience. And Lex is the single most annoying movie characters since Jar Jar Binks. I'll probably finish it later today, but so far, I'm not at all impressed. I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate it, but I sure don't like it so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2016, 12:24 PM
Status: "I hike and know things." (set 13 hours ago)
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
8,791 posts, read 6,340,760 times
Reputation: 7004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
It looks awesome. I can't wait to see it.

But the costume is still silly, and if I never again see another freeze-frame/slo-mo fight scene I'll be pleased as punch.


Think her costume is fine too little & she'll look like a stripper....Hmmm never mind, too little & people will ask, how can she fight in that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2016, 08:35 AM
 
3,544 posts, read 1,209,660 times
Reputation: 2026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
It's definitely an improvement on the old 4th of July swimsuit costume from the comics. But it's still silly. Why would any warrior go into battle wearing a monokini?

Why would a (much shorter) warrior fight foes with deadly weapons wearing a catsuit?


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top