Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 02:48 AM

3,110 posts, read 1,986,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I liked it. My needs for a movie are more simple than some. Thought it was a good story, held the suspense, had some hooks and plot twists that kept me guessing, and I always love 1940s clothing and hair styles.

Oh yeah, and I still like looking at Brad Pitt...
Thanks, Mightyqueen801.

Also, if you don't mind telling me in a spoiler tag:

Spoiler
Did this movie cause you to do the "C" word at the end?

Or at least shed a tear or two?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 06:12 PM

88,504 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Thanks, Mightyqueen801.

Spoiler

I am not sure how to do it!

Old 12-21-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
I am not sure how to do it!
When you're making your post, click on the SHOW/HIDE icon like you would the Quote icon and then...

Spoiler
type your words between the spoiler tag.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:19 AM

Interestingly, I hate to say this but this movie is actually bombing at the box office, and apparently, there must be something about the way that this movie is marketed or executed that isn't catching the attention of not only American audiences, but also the international audience as well.

Plus, even to me, this movie turned out to be different from what I expected, even though I liked it.

Also, even though this isn't one of Pitt's more successful films... it's not his least successful film.

Brad Pitt Movie Box Office Results

Additionally, I find it interesting that even though most of Pitt's films don't pull in the money like Harrison Ford's or Tom Hank's movies, Pitt is still considered one of Hollywood's biggest stars.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Interestingly, I hate to say this but this movie is actually bombing at the box office, and apparently, there must be something about the way that this movie is marketed or executed that isn't catching the attention of not only American audiences, but also the international audience as well.

Plus, even to me, this movie turned out to be different from what I expected, even though I liked it.

Also, even though this isn't one of Pitt's more successful films... it's not his least successful film.

Brad Pitt Movie Box Office Results

Additionally, I find it interesting that even though most of Pitt's films don't pull in the money like Harrison Ford's or Tom Hank's movies, Pitt is still considered one of Hollywood's biggest stars.
He's pretty.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
When you're making your post, click on the SHOW/HIDE icon like you would the Quote icon and then...

Spoiler
type your words between the spoiler tag.
Wow.

Spoiler
I never even noticed that thing was there!

Old 12-22-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Thanks, Mightyqueen801.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Yes! A little bit. I was in the theater with my daughter, and while she liked the movie, she didn't seem as moved at the end--but I think that's because she's not a parent.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Spoiler
Yes! A little bit. I was in the theater with my daughter, and while she liked the movie, she didn't seem as moved at the end--but I think that's because she's not a parent.
Spoiler
Well, the thing with me is that I rarely cry or tear up from movies or TV shows. And if I do, I'm a bit reluctant to reveal that on an internet board.

However, the ending of this movie hit me unexpectedly and I did tear up. But that's because I came to believe in the Marion Cotillard character and I began rooting for her near the end of the film.(For example, I sighed with sadness when she didn't pass the piano test.) Also, after having a baby with Brad Pitt, that just made the stakes higher in this movie. Plus, after she explained how she was being forced to spy on the Americans, I wanted her and Pitt to just get away and live happily ever after.

But I was thinking about what harry chickpea was saying earlier in this thread about how "the taste for a film can be personal and relate to events within the lives of individual moviegoers."

Well... yes. lol

Old 12-22-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
He's pretty.
Oh... so that's what it is.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Oh... so that's what it is.
My friend has an 11-year-old daughter who is very photogenic. I remarked on it recently to the mom when I got the family-picture Christmas card. She said the photographer told her she has the "Brad Pitt jaw"---it's almost impossible to take a bad picture.

I'm thinking David Bowie was probably the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies