Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 09:44 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Meh. another Spider- Kid movie. Any idea when they plan to do a Spider MAN movie?

Great cast other then the kid playing Spider-Kid. I'll wait for the DVD.
Um Spider-Man 1 (after the origin story), Spider-Man 2 and 3 were Spider-Man movies. The issue is Spider-Man is pretty well known as a high school into a college student. Minus Miguel O'Hara, most retellings with Peter Parker or another Spider-Man has all been high school starts for the Spider in the comics whether we talk Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, both Ultimate Spider-Man characters, Spider-Girl or Spider-Gwen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 10:31 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Um Spider-Man 1 (after the origin story), Spider-Man 2 and 3 were Spider-Man movies. The issue is Spider-Man is pretty well known as a high school into a college student. Minus Miguel O'Hara, most retellings with Peter Parker or another Spider-Man has all been high school starts for the Spider in the comics whether we talk Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, both Ultimate Spider-Man characters, Spider-Girl or Spider-Gwen.

I understand that but now they are back to another Spider-kid movie.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:23 PM

8 posts, read 4,622 times
last seconds, I saw Iron Men : D

Old 03-28-2017, 04:51 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,140 times
What were they thinking?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer spoils the entire film
http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/28/15...ailer-spoilers

Old 03-28-2017, 07:12 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Anyone who would have watched the film before but won't after seeing the trailer...well, they didn't need that forty bucks anyway.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:01 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Did that happen with Batman V. Superman minus...
Spoiler
The death of Superman

Old 03-29-2017, 06:48 AM

12,381 posts, read 8,134,444 times
These are comics based movies, for all the talk of spoilers the fan base goes in thinking that they already know the broad story outlines. And then many complain that it isn't a frame to frame live action version of a book. They will go to MCU feature film 16 because they went to 1-15 and maybe also watched the Agents TV shows and the Netflix offerings. As an Alpha character a few of those who skipped the films of the B-list characters featured up to now will show up to bolster the box office and we are left with those who only watch Art House movies that might skip this trailer or not.

Old 03-29-2017, 06:53 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,245,835 times
It looks fun, if nothing special.

But even as much as I love Downey Jr, I am tired of seeing him in every Marvel movie. If any Marvel character ought to stand on his own, it's Spider-Man.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:20 AM

12,381 posts, read 8,134,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
It looks fun, if nothing special.

But even as much as I love Downey Jr, I am tired of seeing him in every Marvel movie. If any Marvel character ought to stand on his own, it's Spider-Man.
Well since they "killed" Nick Fury and SHIELD then Iron Man and the Avengers became the franchise linking story. My guess is that when Sony went all in they wanted the link. When in Guardians Of The Galaxy and Dr. Strange it seems that Marvel Studios was confident enough to go without a direct use of RDJ or another

Old 03-29-2017, 02:53 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
These are comics based movies, for all the talk of spoilers the fan base goes in thinking that they already know the broad story outlines. And then many complain that it isn't a frame to frame live action version of a book. They will go to MCU feature film 16 because they went to 1-15 and maybe also watched the Agents TV shows and the Netflix offerings. As an Alpha character a few of those who skipped the films of the B-list characters featured up to now will show up to bolster the box office and we are left with those who only watch Art House movies that might skip this trailer or not.
They're comics-based movies, but Homecoming isn't directly adapting a comics storyline.

Iron Man plays a larger role in the movie than I anticipated, which is disappointing. Spider-Man doesn't need that kind of help. Spider-Man's never been a hard sell. He's Marvel's Batman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies