U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 01:58 PM

12,663 posts, read 17,319,266 times

Advertisements

So apparently Scott is planning lots of BLADE RUNNER movies.

Blade Runner Turns 35: Ridley Scott Discusses the Film's Legacy, Deckard's True Nature, and the Future of the Series - IGN - Page 2

IGN: Is it possible that 2049 could be, as you've done with the Alien series recently, building out a bigger world beyond just one movie? Have you thought about Blade Runner in those terms?“
It's what I've been trying to do to really evolve Alien, because in those days I wasn't into making sequels, but now suddenly you realize, “Well, that's stupid.”

RS: Yes. I think that, you know what, George has always proved that. Of course there's always something. George Lucas. You know, and the way he's handled Star Wars has been spectacular. It's what I've been trying to do to really evolve Alien, because in those days I wasn't into making sequels, but now suddenly you realize, “Well, that's stupid.” I'll use the word “duh” again, right? You'd better get into sequels, duh. So that's in a way what I've been doing.

IGN: Could Alien and Blade Runner exist in the same universe?

RS: Well, I think if Alien is in the air, Blade Runner is on Earth. And probably is a very good reason why you wanna leave Earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 02:48 PM

3,428 posts, read 1,142,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
RS: Yes. I think that, you know what, George has always proved that. Of course there's always something. George Lucas. You know, and the way he's handled Star Wars has been spectacular. It's what I've been trying to do to really evolve Alien, because in those days I wasn't into making sequels, but now suddenly you realize, “Well, that's stupid.” I'll use the word “duh” again, right? You'd better get into sequels, duh. So that's in a way what I've been doing.
Uh-huh.

Rid, just let us know if you plan to introduce the Alien franchise's equivalent of Jar Jar. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:10 PM

14,668 posts, read 7,166,077 times
Quote:
So apparently Scott is planning lots of BLADE RUNNER movies.

Blade Runner Turns 35: Ridley Scott Discusses the Film's Legacy, Deckard's True Nature, and the Future of the Series - IGN - Page 2

IGN: Is it possible that 2049 could be, as you've done with the Alien series recently, building out a bigger world beyond just one movie? Have you thought about Blade Runner in those terms?“
It's what I've been trying to do to really evolve Alien, because in those days I wasn't into making sequels, but now suddenly you realize, “Well, that's stupid.”

The Star Wars universe has plenty of interesting people (human and otherwise) to carry substantial plots. Is every installment of Aliens going to kill off nearly everyone without even giving us last-reel victories like Ripley?

Quote:
IGN: Could Alien and Blade Runner exist in the same universe?

RS: Well, I think if Alien is in the air, Blade Runner is on Earth. And probably is a very good reason why you wanna leave Earth.
They already do exist in the same universe--he's already connected them.

However, there are already conflicts. Bladerunner strongly implies there are plenty of Replicants and already humans out in deep space. The Alien series implies that exploration is very limited.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:35 AM

That interview only solidified my view that Ridley Scott has no story sense at all. Brilliant Director? Yes. But producers should keep him a million miles away from the script.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
That interview only solidified my view that Ridley Scott has no story sense at all. Brilliant Director? Yes. But producers should keep him a million miles away from the script.

Scott's original idea for "Alien" was that the alien kills Ripley and goes on to earth...essentially to destroy all life as the Engineers intended.

The producers decided they didn't want that kind of ending for Ripley and overruled Scott.

But that goes to show that Scott, as great as he is as a visual artist, should never be allowed to determine the storyline.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
But that goes to show that Scott, as great as he is as a visual artist, should never be allowed to determine the storyline.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:27 AM

1,083 posts, read 479,756 times
Check Out New Behind the Scenes Look at 'Blade Runner 2049'

Check Out New Behind the Scenes Look at 'Blade Runner 2049' | High-Def Digest

Old 07-10-2017, 11:13 AM

9,910 posts, read 5,693,026 times
I'm optimistic about this movie because the director of this new one tends to deliver great stuff. My only gripe is with the loss of Syd Mead's art direction and style which showcased a future that was gritty and worn. Notice that while it was futuristic, Mead wanted to capture a future that was lived in which means everything had grime, tear and wear from actually being used. That's what gave blade runner it's unique gritty look.

This new one has elements of that and other elements that are too glossy and look almost like Ghost in the Shell remake. Everything looks new, right out of the box. That and I don't know about Jared Leto after Suicide Squad. But that's neither here nor there.

There are going to be compromises to attract a newer younger audiences. I'm sure it'll still be great.

And I hope Ridley scraps the idea for a Blade Runner franchise. Please don't let him Prometheus Blade Runner.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
And I hope Ridley scraps the idea for a Blade Runner franchise. Please don't let him Prometheus Blade Runner.
Of course he will.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:10 AM

New trailer! Lots of new footage. Die-hard BLADE RUNNER nerds will recognize the first scene.

I hope this music in the trailer isn't the music in the movie. It's very ... typical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZOaI_Fn5o4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies