U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2017, 06:52 PM

2,757 posts, read 1,452,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Well, I guess I'll have to disagree because Jar Jar Binks' presence in The Phantom Menance sorely helped to diminish the quality of and the grandeur of that movie, in my opinion.
Jar Jar Bink's was not the only thing that diminished the quality of those movies. Good actors doing a crappy job at acting helped too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 08:18 AM

438 posts, read 462,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Jar Jar Bink's was not the only thing that diminished the quality of those movies. Good actors doing a crappy job at acting helped too.
I didn't notice Jar Jar in Alien Covenant. Maybe you are confused by the neoorph thinking perhaps Jar Jar aged badly
I think the actors poorly performing is more on the writers than on the actors themselves. And yes I am talking about ALIEN COVENANT
Keep it on topic folks, please.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:40 PM

2,138 posts, read 486,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazertrek50 View Post
This thread is about Alien Covenant, not the dreadful Star Wars prequels, so can we get back on topic please?
But you know how threads can get sometimes, blazertrek50.

Also, sorry about that. And I know that was really 'mature' of me.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
The "awesomeness and the magnificence," huh?
Glory!

"I have waited a long time for this."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu3qoIsGzUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIjMeD2I6k8

And make sure you watch in Full screen.

Last edited by William Taylor; 06-15-2017 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: I changed the first video

Old 06-15-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Actually, for a better video, click on the 2:37 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nqvCzAm_-c

Old 06-18-2017, 08:25 AM

438 posts, read 462,882 times
Quote:
But you know how threads can get sometimes, blazertrek50.

Also, sorry about that. And I know that was really 'mature' of me.
Sigh I really wish you would stop and start your own "I worship Star Wars no matter how bad the movies" thread

Old 06-18-2017, 12:12 PM

3,636 posts, read 1,288,385 times
You heard the man, Willy. Time to rejoin the discussion, the topic being "Will the Alien franchise ever get out of second gear again?"

Old 06-19-2017, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Sigh I really wish you would stop and start your own "I worship Star Wars no matter how bad the movies" thread
LOL!!!! Okay... I'll be good. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
You heard the man, Willy. Time to rejoin the discussion, the topic being "Will the Alien franchise ever get out of second gear again?"
Okay, I found this, which is interersting:

Quote:
The ending of Covenant seems to suggest a road for a sequel that involves David creating a whole race of Xenomorphs using his two embryos and his hundreds of helpless potential hosts, with no further role for the Engineers (who were presumably all wiped out by David anyway). But at least one person with knowledge of Ridley Scott’s thought-process thinks we shouldn’t be too hasty in writing off the Engineers as continuing players in the Alien universe.

Lindelof spoke to Collider about Alien: Covenant and advanced a theory about a potential sequel that would have the Engineers coming back into the picture. Lindelof talked about his and Ridley Scott’s thought-process in writing Prometheus and some rough ideas Scott gave him about where he wanted to take the series:
“I think that one of the conversations that we had at the end of Prometheus is, Shaw and David have basically locked in on the coordinates of the planet where the Engineers came from. What does that place look like? Ridley called it ‘Paradise’. What happens when they land on that planet? It doesn’t feel like they’ve gotten there yet in Covenant, Covenant felt like it maybe was a detour prior to them arriving at the place of origin so I don’t want to spoil any place that he might still be wanting to go, but the conversations that he and I had about where the story goes next were largely about the place where the Engineers were from and less the events of Covenant.”
In Alien: Covenant, the colonists end up on “Paradise” after a neutrino storm wreaks havoc on the ship (killing James Franco in the process), and the prematurely-awakened crew decide to detour to this other nearer planet after receiving a seeming distress signal in the form of a John Denver song. When they arrive on the planet and discover David, they and we are led to believe that this was the Engineers’ home-world and that David wiped out all the Engineers, but Lindelof is saying what if “Paradise” wasn’t the Engineers’ home-world but was merely an outpost? What if the original destination of the Covenant, Origae-6, is the actual Engineers’ home-world and now David is heading there with his cargo of hosts and Xenomorph embryos?

Lindelof’s theory would actually help boost the plausibility of what transpires with David and the Engineers in Alien: Covenant. As many have pointed out, it doesn’t make a ton of sense that a race as powerful as the Engineers could so easily be exterminated, but perhaps David only killed a small number of the Engineers at one remote outpost where they were somewhat vulnerable. The way the Engineers behave in the flashback – all standing there in awe of the single ship hovering over their city – makes somewhat more sense if this is an outpost and they were not expecting this ship to show up.

All this theorizing could of course be moot, considering the alarmingly low box office returns for Alien: Covenant and the uncertainty surrounding the future of the franchise. Ridley Scott may have big, ambitious, cool plans for more Alien movies, but he may never get a chance to realize those plans.
Where the Alien: Covenant Sequel May Go

Old 06-19-2017, 12:51 AM

Quote:
The ending of Covenant seems to suggest a road for a sequel that involves David creating a whole race of Xenomorphs using his two embryos and his hundreds of helpless potential hosts. . .
Where the Alien: Covenant Sequel May Go

Also, something that I've been wondering about is: What exactly is the difference between the Neomorphs and the Xenomorphs other than some physical characteristics? Because they both just seem like vicious and dangerous monsters, which will get the job done. Therefore, will the next movie explain what's so important about these creatures reaching the Xenomorph stage?

Old 06-19-2017, 07:16 AM

1,249 posts, read 652,437 times
Quote:
I didn't notice Jar Jar in Alien Covenant. Maybe you are confused by the neoorph thinking perhaps Jar Jar aged badly
I think the actors poorly performing is more on the writers than on the actors themselves. And yes I am talking about ALIEN COVENANT
Keep it on topic folks, please.
Alien Covenant had several excellent performances certainly alot better than most of the tripe being released currently. It seems some people are never satisfied however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies