U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 05:18 AM

9,795 posts, read 4,919,280 times

Advertisements

First trailer, next year's sequel to 2012's "Prometheus."

Looks promising, but then again so was "Prometheus."

This one looks to have more action and intensity. But again, so did "Prometheus" based on the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0VW6sg50Pk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 06:41 AM

2,394 posts, read 1,270,972 times
I did NOT like Prometheus at all. This one looks interesting and I am looking forward to it. Hopefully it does not disappoint.

Old 12-27-2016, 02:03 AM

1,006 posts, read 460,032 times
I don't like how the trailer was cut. The first 30 seconds look like a video ad that you'd see on Twitter or other social media (and that's intentional). The movie looks promising but I'm cautious after the poor writing in Prometheus.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:35 AM

6,686 posts, read 3,453,509 times
As a self-proclaimed Aliens superfan, I will cross my fingers for this one. I had high hopes for Prometheus but was mostly disappointed. Trailer looks promising, but we'll have to wait and see.

Old 12-29-2016, 05:38 PM

7,975 posts, read 4,365,466 times
I really liked Prometheus. Looking forward to this sequel.

Also, can't wait for WWZ 2.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:50 AM

12,335 posts, read 16,972,539 times
I loved the first half of PROMETHEUS. Then it took a turn, crashed, and never recovered. Still, I don't hate the movie. Just found it a disappointment. Even when Ridley Scott's movies are a narrative mess of a story (as they have been for the past 30 years), they still look and sound stunningly beautiful.

This looks promising.

But honestly ... I'd much rather Ridley Scott and everyone else who grew up loving these movies would take that love and do something new. (As long as it isn't Fern Gully with machine guns, like Cameron's AVATAR.)

For me, ALIEN and ALIENS are undisputed classics. Everything after that in the franchise just made a mess. Ripley, Hicks, Newt, and Bishop made it back safely and lived happily ever after, and I'll fight anyone who says different.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:35 PM

11,790 posts, read 10,591,572 times
Because Alien and Aliens are the cornerstones of my existance I will watch. But they have a lot to make up for with Prometheus.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:41 AM

6,686 posts, read 3,453,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I loved the first half of PROMETHEUS. Then it took a turn, crashed, and never recovered. Still, I don't hate the movie. Just found it a disappointment. Even when Ridley Scott's movies are a narrative mess of a story (as they have been for the past 30 years), they still look and sound stunningly beautiful.

This looks promising.

But honestly ... I'd much rather Ridley Scott and everyone else who grew up loving these movies would take that love and do something new. (As long as it isn't Fern Gully with machine guns, like Cameron's AVATAR.)

For me, ALIEN and ALIENS are undisputed classics. Everything after that in the franchise just made a mess. Ripley, Hicks, Newt, and Bishop made it back safely and lived happily ever after, and I'll fight anyone who says different.
Agree with all of this.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:53 AM

770 posts, read 862,819 times
Another Alien superfan here. I will go see it, of course. I was so-so about Prometheus. I'm not sure what it was, but something about the setting of the film and the design of the ship made me feel like it wasn't apart of the Alien universe. The tech in Prometheus seemed to be more advanced than that in Alien despite being a prequel.

Future films should take a page out of Alien: Isolation's book. The style & setting of that universe was flawless. It was also probably one of the better Alien stories told in the last decade(s).

Old 01-07-2017, 12:18 AM

1,006 posts, read 460,032 times
The ship in the original Alien was a working class freighter-- like a freight boat that typically isn't filled with the fanciest and most expensive equipment. I haven't played Isolation, but from what I gather, it's the same type of ship. Aliens focused on military tech (which is built for function and durability over style), and Alien3 was an abandoned prison. We've never seen a Weyland ship with facilities for science research and the wealthy elite until Prometheus, so it doesn't really clash with the other Aliens films.
At the same time, Prometheus writes itself into a corner for the future, instead of the other Alien movies that aren't focused on high-end facilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies