U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 04:40 PM
Q44

599 posts, read 495,585 times

Advertisements

1. The Godfather - Own it, prefer GFII
2. Casablanca - saw it
3. Taxi Driver saw it
4. 2001: A Space Odyssey - saw it in the movies as a kid, painful
5. Reservoir Dogs have never seen it
6. This Is Spinal Tap - saw it
7. Apocalypse Now - saw it
8. Goodfellas - own it and have it 'blanking' memorized
=8. Blade Runner - saw it
10. The Great Escape - saw it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 04:45 PM

1,206 posts, read 351,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
How did Amazon Women From Mars not make the cut?

Oh, these are movies people lie about having seen not about not having seen.

I've seen them all. As noted most are considered classics for one reason or another.
You missed
"Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"
I think it was on an Elvira Mistress of the Dark saturday night special.... (lol)

I think Ive seen or parts of seen all of them except maybe Goodfellas...

Old 01-06-2017, 05:49 AM
Status: "Most annoying poster on cd - 1986pacecar" (set 16 days ago)

2,286 posts, read 1,223,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
You can have a Learner's Permit, but within 80 hours of movie-watching time, you have to have seen THE GODFATHER at least once, from beginning to end. There will be a test afterward.
Youll be glad to hear I have now got a copy of The Godfather and I will be viewing it on my next day off. I will report back.

Old 01-06-2017, 11:46 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,162,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Now you've done it. Mark's sharpening his steak knives...
I actually felt bad about being so adamant that I wasn't interested. So I went home and found it on PPV for $2.99.

It was weird. Better story line than I thought, but dragged in a few places. Sort of uneven as far as pace goes. Rutger Hauer was pretty good in it.

I'm still not a big fan, but will admit it was a bit better than I expected.

Old 01-06-2017, 11:47 AM

5,708 posts, read 3,288,429 times
Only seen Casablanca (which is spectacular btw) out of these 10 lol. Not terribly interested in them tbh, seem to be a bunch of typical macho films which all "guys" should have watched or they are aliens from the planet of Ricky Martin.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:26 AM

833 posts, read 1,212,132 times
Oddly, Casablanca is the only one on that list I haven't seen, and it's probably the most famous.

I have DVDs for Goodfellas and 2001, so I've watched those pictures multiple times.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:00 PM

4,602 posts, read 2,862,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Not sure what is to be gained by lying about movie viewing.
People want to appear cultured. It's even worse with books. Go to any online dating site and on every other profile you'll see a collection of literary classics and advanced scientific reads listed under, "favorite books". It's a huge bummer when you want to actually talk about one of them.

I'm amazed Citizen Kane wasn't on the list, to be honest.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:53 PM
Status: "Have you ever seen so many Indians? - G.A. Custer" (set 28 days ago)

16,805 posts, read 16,206,932 times
I've seen every movie (and I mean every single movie ever made)...at least twice

two of these 10 listed also have director's cuts that even exceed the theatrical releases

Apocalypse Now Redux : if for no other reason then to see Captain Willard steal Col Kilgore's surfboard...and Willard's men getting jiggy with the Bunnies
[youtube]CxENJ2LwecY[/youtube]

Blade Runner (I think there might even be 3 or 4 of these)

Last edited by Ghengis; 01-09-2017 at 01:09 PM..

Old 01-09-2017, 12:59 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,162,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
People want to appear cultured. It's even worse with books. Go to any online dating site and on every other profile you'll see a collection of literary classics and advanced scientific reads listed under, "favorite books". It's a huge bummer when you want to actually talk about one of them.

I'm amazed Citizen Kane wasn't on the list, to be honest.
Now THAT was a pretty great movie that very few people I have spoken with have ever seen.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:13 PM

6,550 posts, read 6,648,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
www.slashfilm.com/the-godfather-tops-list-films-people-pretend

Pretty bloody stupid to lie about seeing something!! I dont do that.... If I dont like something,I SPEAK UP ABOUT IT!! (I dont lie to make others happy,etc)

Gee, that's kind of interesting.

I agree, it's pointless to lie, especially because you can so easily get caught. On the other hand, if you freely admit to not having seen a movie, the other person will probably be delighted to tell you about it.

I can't help noticing that most of those are "guy" films. I wonder if that means that men lie more often than women?

Myself, I've seen eight of them. Or maybe eight and a half. (No pun intended.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies