Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:48 PM

266 posts, read 911,561 times

Advertisements

Professional super models sauntering down a runway often trip in their high heels. But somehow female professional assassins, thieves, spys and superheroes wearing high heels can climb, sprint, and kick 250-lb. men with no problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 01:25 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
Everyone knows that a bus can defy the laws of physics and jump a 50-foot span with no problem ("Speed"). There were more issues than that in "Speed", but I won't go into all of them!

Stormtroopers are all morons (I love "Star Wars" as much as anyone, but honestly!!!).

People can slide down a hillside in the mud, and end up wet and sexy looking ("Romancing the Stone") instead of covered in the stuff.

Whenever James Bond is at the mercy of his enemies, they always set up some intricate, torturous way for him to die, and then they say, "Goodbye, Mr. Bond" - and leave him alone so he can escape.

Many heroines are TSTL (too stupid to live); when they know a killer is after them, they still go into a dark room to investigate a weird noise, etc. Of course, this investigation requires them to wear as little clothing as possible.

Many guns have incredible powers - revolvers that shoot 10, 12, or even 20 bullets at a time! No reloading necessary; where can I get one of those? Or how about the machine gun in "True Lies" that bounces down the stairs and manages to take out half a dozen terrorists?

This is a fun thread!

Old 05-04-2008, 02:11 AM

3,871 posts, read 17,103,892 times
Ahhhh, what I learned best was that --
I want to be Audrey Hepburn or Eva Marie Saint or Jacqueline Bisset when I grow up!! That was a looong time ago.... I still want to be them!

Old 05-04-2008, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
We spent the entire decade of the 60s listening to rock music.
You DIDN'T???? I did!! My, that was fabulous music!!!

Old 05-04-2008, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJickler View Post
If you haven't studied all year for an exam, it's okay. You can just listen to music the night before and cram and you will pass.
Wait - that's not true? I thought that's how I got through high school!!

Old 05-04-2008, 06:20 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Judging from the Iron Man trailor I probably will learn that I wanna be Anthony Stark (I haven't seen the movie yet).
Never in a million year would I've ever imagined that I ever wanted to be a white nerd, cauz white man can't, ya know.....jump.

Quote:
[from trailer]
Christine Everheart: Tony Stark! Christine Everheart, Vanity Fair magazine
Tony Stark: Hi, yeah okay, go.
Christine Everheart: Mr. Stark, you've been called the Da Vinci of our time; what do you say to that?
Tony Stark: Absolutely ridiculous, I don't paint.
Christine Everheart: What do you say to your other nickname, the 'Merchant of Death'?
Tony Stark: That's not bad.

[from trailer]
Tony Stark: Is it better to be feared or respected? And I'd say is it too much to ask for both?

Old 05-05-2008, 12:24 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times
The VAST majority of adults are unmarried and the few who are married are miserable and having affairs.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:15 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
On TV, and in movies, car doors can protect you from bullets.

Mythbusters busted that myth.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:16 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times
City streets are always gleeming wet, even when there hasn't been any rain.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:25 PM

461 posts, read 1,449,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Attractive high schoolers are all jerks, and the social outcasts all have a heart-o-gold.

Now, not ALL attractive high schoolers are jerks... there are the internally conflicted ones who just ACT like jerks to keep their friends until they fall for the social outcast with the heart of gold.

Quote:
Always **** (the word that means pull the slide back and release it) your pump shotgun or semi-auto pistol immediately before using it (movie guns don't have safeties).
If you are a woman you have to do this one handed, by just jerking the gun while holding the slide.

This is a great post... too fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies