U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-21-2017, 07:53 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
21,468 posts, read 11,619,405 times
Reputation: 7796

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
Anybody seen it yet? Thoughts?
I saw it Saturday. It was amazing but I didn't like humanizing the Beast as early as they did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-22-2017, 09:09 AM
 
1,279 posts, read 1,268,351 times
Reputation: 2418
I thought it was great and I thought Emma was perfect as Belle. Belle is supposed to be a little awkward, bookish and I thought Emma played her perfectly. I think some of you just had weird expectations of what Belle is supposed to be.
Lumiere was still my favorite! I loved him even more in this version.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2017, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Saint Louis
7,749 posts, read 4,730,674 times
Reputation: 13200
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I thought it was great and I thought Emma was perfect as Belle. Belle is supposed to be a little awkward, bookish and I thought Emma played her perfectly. I think some of you just had weird expectations of what Belle is supposed to be.
Lumiere was still my favorite! I loved him even more in this version.
Yes, I too thought she was a great Belle. The guy who played Gaston was also perfect for the role. I thought Disney did a great job on casting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2017, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
21,468 posts, read 11,619,405 times
Reputation: 7796
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I thought it was great and I thought Emma was perfect as Belle. Belle is supposed to be a little awkward, bookish and I thought Emma played her perfectly. I think some of you just had weird expectations of what Belle is supposed to be.
Lumiere was still my favorite! I loved him even more in this version.
Funnily enough during the trailers I didn't like to hear Belle with a British accent but as I saw more and more, I stopped caring. That said, she was amazing.

Also I didn't like Ewan McGreggor over-doing Lumiere's French accent but it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yes, I too thought she was a great Belle. The guy who played Gaston was also perfect for the role. I thought Disney did a great job on casting.
Yeah, Disney knocked it out of the park. Josh Gad was an amazing Lefou to be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2017, 05:02 PM
 
2,579 posts, read 4,683,895 times
Reputation: 5156
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Also I didn't like Ewan McGreggor over-doing Lumiere's French accent but it happens..
IMDB says that he had to re-do his lines, because his accent initially came off as more "Mexican" than French.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2017, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Western North Carolina
4,273 posts, read 6,834,236 times
Reputation: 7929
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I saw it Saturday. It was amazing but I didn't like humanizing the Beast as early as they did.
I absolutely loved the move, but I think you have a valid point here. But I also think that's it's amazing how great they DID pull of making him "human". By the time he sang "Evermore", I saw more than one person sobbing (feeling his pain).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2017, 08:24 PM
 
3,896 posts, read 1,651,365 times
Reputation: 12876
Finally saw it tonight, and LOVED it. To be honest, I think it may be Disney's best live action film to date. They've set the bar pretty high for Mulan and Little Mermaid, etc.

I think the casting was perfect all around. And I think the whole 'LeFeu is gay' controversy was completely and totally overblown. With the exception of an extremely brief instance in the last minute of the movie (that was easy to miss if you weren't watching closely), he was no more or less gay than the character in the original. There was no "agenda pushing" or whatever Rev. Graham and his ilk want people to think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2017, 09:40 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
21,468 posts, read 11,619,405 times
Reputation: 7796
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I absolutely loved the move, but I think you have a valid point here. But I also think that's it's amazing how great they DID pull of making him "human". By the time he sang "Evermore", I saw more than one person sobbing (feeling his pain).
Oh Evermore was AMAZING, that song isn't my complaint. I just think they made the wrong call to make the Beast human and be able to hold his own with Belle's bookworminess. As well as the cliche of his father poisoning him and turning him into a heartless man who was later turned into a Beast because of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2017, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
21,468 posts, read 11,619,405 times
Reputation: 7796
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Finally saw it tonight, and LOVED it. To be honest, I think it may be Disney's best live action film to date. They've set the bar pretty high for Mulan and Little Mermaid, etc.

I think the casting was perfect all around. And I think the whole 'LeFeu is gay' controversy was completely and totally overblown. With the exception of an extremely brief instance in the last minute of the movie (that was easy to miss if you weren't watching closely), he was no more or less gay than the character in the original. There was no "agenda pushing" or whatever Rev. Graham and his ilk want people to think.
Exactly. Lefou was not overly gay. There sure was innuendo added but there's always that in Disney movies. Just look at the "make Elsa gay" tumblrs out there. That said unless he didn't have that one scene, you wouldn't know he was unless the director didn't put that out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2017, 12:17 PM
 
10,675 posts, read 5,513,239 times
Reputation: 17303
Wow, the movie crossed the 300 million dollar box office gross this weekend, and that's domestic box office take.

Internationally it's done fabulous too.

A slam dunk winner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top