Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 01:57 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,497,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
And I'm sure you would be saying otherwise if they had cast some random Disney World character actor to play Belle in the movie. I actually disagree that they are able to capture the character of Belle. I have heard Disney World Belle ask little boys if they're a prince or a beast. That is not something that Belle would say, and doesn't go along with her character. The Disney "cast member" is playing the role of a princess dressed as Belle and making references to the movie so that meeting Belle isn't the exact same experience as meeting Aurora or Cinderella.
There are plenty of actresses that can actually act and SING who they could have cast.

I never said that I wanted a WDW character actor...I was saying I have seen some of them capture the spirit of Belle better than Emma Watson. Which isn't saying much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I have to agree with sawyersmom. I think she was great in the role. Belle was always supposed to be reserved and "rather odd". The Disney World Belles are always too bright and bubbly. They don't come close to what the character is supposed to be. They simply play the squeaky "princess" role.
I never said I wanted a WDW character actor in the part, I was saying I've seen some of them capture the character of Belle better than Watson. She ruined the movie for me. JMO!

Old 04-03-2017, 02:09 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
My daughter and I loved the movie. I thought the casting was spot on. At almost 15 it is my daughter's new favorite movie.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:05 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
There are plenty of actresses that can actually act and SING who they could have cast.
Feel free to name some. But remember that it's not just important that she can act and sing, but that she be a box office draw.

Pretty much the only one I can think of is Anna Kendrick, but I think she'd come off as too cutsy and bubbly for the role.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I never said I wanted a WDW character actor in the part, I was saying I've seen some of them capture the character of Belle better than Watson. She ruined the movie for me. JMO!
As I said (and I'm not alone in this) I have never seen a WDW Belle come anywhere close to the movie character, because they're all playing a bubbly princess role. They aren't truly playing Belle.

But perhaps you were looking for a bubbly princess. If that's the case, then you don't really get Belle.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 04-04-2017, 05:08 AM

Quote:
As I said (and I'm not alone in this) I have never seen a WDW Belle come anywhere close to the movie character, because they're all playing a bubbly princess role. They aren't truly playing Belle.

But perhaps you were looking for a bubbly princess. If that's the case, then you don't really get Belle.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]
I have seen WDW character actors come closer to the spirit of Belle versus Emma Watson's constipated-face performance.

When I say the spirit of Belle I mean the character as it was portrayed in the 1991 animated version

Old 04-04-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Feel free to name some. But remember that it's not just important that she can act and sing, but that she be a box office draw.

Pretty much the only one I can think of is Anna Kendrick, but I think she'd come off as too cutsy and bubbly for the role.
Yes she got cast for her star power absolutely
Doesn't mean she did a good job in the role

Old 04-04-2017, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Yes she got cast for her star power absolutely
Doesn't mean she did a good job in the role
So who are you proposing?

Old 04-04-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
I have seen WDW character actors come closer to the spirit of Belle versus Emma Watson's constipated-face performance.

When I say the spirit of Belle I mean the character as it was portrayed in the 1991 animated version
WDW Belles do not even strive for the spirit of Belle from the 1991 animated version. That's not their goal. They're not trying to come across bookish and reserved. They are told to be a happy and bubbly princess.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:38 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,838 times
Quote:
WDW Belles do not even strive for the spirit of Belle from the 1991 animated version. That's not their goal. They're not trying to come across bookish and reserved. They are told to be a happy and bubbly princess.
Some people just don't get it hertfordshire. I agree with you 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies