Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 08:24 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,729,849 times

Advertisements

Glad our place doesn't have in-theater food service "yet".

I've gone to a few of those and it does get distracting. But I'm sure all this is set up to offer those in the near future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I hate reserved seating. I'm a spur of the moment person and I dislike having to plan my movie watching so far in advance just to get a good seat. And then if you happen to get a seat next to loud person, you can't just up and change seat.
Guess I'm the opposite. I love the pre-buying aspect part of it and hate the last minute buying and rushing into the theater in hopes of getting a good seat.

And honestly, you can just look up your theater ahead of time to see how many have pre-sold to give you a good idea of how full the theater will be.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:26 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,732,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Guess I'm the opposite. I love the pre-buying aspect part of it and hate the last minute buying and rushing into the theater in hopes of getting a good seat.

And honestly, you can just look up your theater ahead of time to see how many have pre-sold to give you a good idea of how full the theater will be.
Yeah, and the good seats are always taken for popular movies. I think it's because those recliners take up so much more space than regular seats, thus making seats less available to begin with. Plus, what if I change my mind at the last minute because I just don't feel like going? Then I'm stuck with the tickets. For this reason, I usually go to the regular / non-reserved theatres where I can always get good seats even for a popular movie at opening night.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:24 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Yeah, and the good seats are always taken for popular movies. I think it's because those recliners take up so much more space than regular seats, thus making seats less available to begin with. Plus, what if I change my mind at the last minute because I just don't feel like going? Then I'm stuck with the tickets. For this reason, I usually go to the regular / non-reserved theatres where I can always get good seats even for a popular movie at opening night.
If you use Fandango to purchase your tickets, you can cancel up to 2 hours before the start of the movie for refund or Fandango credit.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:04 AM

Just reserved 7 tickets for this Sunday for Baby Boss movie. Now we have the seats we want and don't have to worry about trying to accommodate all 7 of us or worrying about not sitting together when we get to the theater. And all for $40.

Love this new system.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:45 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,057,027 times
I love it...it's so comfy and you don't have to worry about being squished in with strangers on a busy day/night. It was great for keeping my injured foot elevated a couple of years ago, too.

We have 2 AMC theaters that do the dine in thing. It's not my thing, since the wait staff & eating lunch/dinner distracts from the movie, and the food sucks. It's nice to just have a drink though

Last edited by jrsydevil82; 03-31-2017 at 09:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies