U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2017, 02:12 PM

1,235 posts, read 811,346 times

Advertisements

I heard about this one on NPR. Definitely does not look like your typical Hollywood cookie cutter movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZNfwayNLL0
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 11:14 AM

24,572 posts, read 24,179,951 times
I can't wait to see this one.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:10 PM

21,298 posts, read 11,418,371 times
It looks like an interesting movie but I'll wait for Netflix I think. I want to see it mainly due James Gunn being attached to it. I love his work.

Old Today, 01:09 AM

2,321 posts, read 1,031,371 times
Just recently watched The Belko Experiment. Extremely disturbing & well-done. Also, quite horrific and scary, especially because I can easily see something like this actually happening; I also feel that if something like this were to happen, the people involved in "the experiment" would probably act very similar to the way the characters did in the film.

Though the film had a lot of gruesome violence, I didn't feel that any of it was gratuitous.

The government gets more & more control of us each year, and we do know there have been psychological-type experiments - so, again, this is not that far fetched whatsoever.

Also, the tracking chips had been implanted in people in the film (at the start of their employment in The Belko Corporation) have occurred in real-life - again, very scary:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/03/star...icrochips.html

Company Implants ID Chips Into Employees' Arms | Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich View Post
You can see the very real possibility of a government or corporation doing this to a group of "test" victims. There have been many stories of how ordinary people can be turned into frightened, mindless monsters under certain conditions and this story covers that scenario pretty well, IMO.
Agreed.

Old Today, 09:45 AM

2,606 posts, read 1,361,120 times
I saw it about 3 months ago... it's not very good. Honestly not worth seeing in theaters. Maybe if it's on tv and nothing else to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies