U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-24-2017, 12:45 AM
 
Location: West Los Angeles
6,571 posts, read 6,979,093 times
Reputation: 6922

Advertisements

4. Skyfall: Didn't really care too much for this one mostly because I found the villain to be too depressing and over the top with creepiness.

3. Casino Royale: Not a bad film, but a little slow at times because there was way too much emphasis on the Poker tournament. Dialog was good, though, and I liked the chemistry between Bond and the leading lady.

2. Spectre: Good film. Good pacing, compelling story, nice cinematography, cool car chases, etc. This is what a Bond film should always be at the very least.

1. Quantum of Solace: My favorite. Great pacing, believable villain, cool car chases, good emotional components to story, and I really liked the relationship between Bond and the leading lady. I like this one a little more than Spectre because I found that the scene in Spectre where Bond gets his head drilled into was a little too much for me and I found the film was trying too hard, where as Q of S didn't have a scene that tried to be so overtly edgy to the point that it made me cringe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-24-2017, 05:42 AM
 
Location: Henderson, NV, U.S.A.
8,044 posts, read 4,246,250 times
Reputation: 15246
Casino Royale - Mads Mikkelsen is one of the better Bond villains, and then there's Eva Green.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2017, 11:56 PM
 
Location: Pacific NW
241 posts, read 55,999 times
Reputation: 373
1. Casino Royale - Really well done debut for Craig. We see him become the superspy gradually over the course of 2 hours, and the result is one of my favorite Bond films of all time, period. Craig is my favorite Bond thanks to this movie.

2. SkyFall - long and depressing, but extremely well crafted film. A great send off for Judi Dench and a wonderfully creepy performance by Javier Bardem. May be overrated but still a solid entry.

3. Quantum of Solace - this one is a good entry that unfairly gets a lot of hate just because it isn't Skyfall or CR. I put it a few notches below Skyfall due to the terrible editing and half-baked script, but I enjoy it just as much as any other Bond film.

4. Spectre- Sorry, but the whole "evil brother" plotline just killed it for me. The head-drilling scene was just too unbelievable, and the action scenes seem strangely lifeless. Craig has some good moments but the movie is all over the place and isn't sure if it wants to be a dramatic CraigBond or a silly over the top Roger Moore film.

I do hope Craig comes back for one more. Without Sam Mendes as director, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2017, 10:31 AM
 
1,919 posts, read 1,999,568 times
Reputation: 2298
The first one was the only watchable one.
Part 2 story line was especially dumb as frack.
Part 3 was forgettable. I can't even remember what that movie was about.
Part 4, I'm not wasting my time since 2 & 3 were garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2017, 03:30 PM
 
Location: West Los Angeles
6,571 posts, read 6,979,093 times
Reputation: 6922
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtuba View Post

3. Quantum of Solace - this one is a good entry that unfairly gets a lot of hate just because it isn't Skyfall or CR. I put it a few notches below Skyfall due to the terrible editing and half-baked script, but I enjoy it just as much as any other Bond film.
Interesting -- I didn't realize QS received a lot of hate. I'd think a lot of people would at least like it more than a lot of others, such as the one where Bond battles the journalist with a stealth ship or has to disable the giant radio telescope because apparently you need a 500 meter dish to talk to a satellite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2017, 12:56 AM
 
26,169 posts, read 11,637,974 times
Reputation: 17142
I havent seen any of Dannys movies...... The newest one i have seen is TOMMOROW NEVER DIES (1997) and that one was Ok I guess..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2017, 01:12 PM
 
Location: West Los Angeles
6,571 posts, read 6,979,093 times
Reputation: 6922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I havent seen any of Dannys movies...... The newest one i have seen is TOMMOROW NEVER DIES (1997) and that one was Ok I guess..........
The new ones are all better than that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2017, 06:59 PM
 
Location: Pacific NW
241 posts, read 55,999 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Interesting -- I didn't realize QS received a lot of hate. I'd think a lot of people would at least like it more than a lot of others, such as the one where Bond battles the journalist with a stealth ship or has to disable the giant radio telescope because apparently you need a 500 meter dish to talk to a satellite.
I frequent a few James Bond discussion forums. There you will find plenty of people who dislike QOS for one reason or another. Because it was a sequel, because it isn't overloaded with groaner puns and d*** jokes like all the Moore/Brosnan films, because the henchman was weak, blah blah blah. Whatever, I liked it quite a bit.

Good observation on the oversized satellite dish in GE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2017, 07:14 PM
Status: "Oc e No" (set 4 days ago)
 
Location: Where the creatures meet
10,257 posts, read 5,276,050 times
Reputation: 35464
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtuba View Post
1. Casino Royale - Really well done debut for Craig. We see him become the superspy gradually over the course of 2 hours, and the result is one of my favorite Bond films of all time, period. Craig is my favorite Bond thanks to this movie.

2. SkyFall - long and depressing, but extremely well crafted film. A great send off for Judi Dench and a wonderfully creepy performance by Javier Bardem. May be overrated but still a solid entry.

3. Quantum of Solace - this one is a good entry that unfairly gets a lot of hate just because it isn't Skyfall or CR. I put it a few notches below Skyfall due to the terrible editing and half-baked script, but I enjoy it just as much as any other Bond film.

4. Spectre- Sorry, but the whole "evil brother" plotline just killed it for me. The head-drilling scene was just too unbelievable, and the action scenes seem strangely lifeless. Craig has some good moments but the movie is all over the place and isn't sure if it wants to be a dramatic CraigBond or a silly over the top Roger Moore film.

I do hope Craig comes back for one more. Without Sam Mendes as director, though.
If 'unbelievable' to any degree is a disqualifier, then every Bond film is disqualified a dozen times over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2017, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Pacific NW
241 posts, read 55,999 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
If 'unbelievable' to any degree is a disqualifier, then every Bond film is disqualified a dozen times over.
Yes, but Craig's Bond films have set the bar higher and have avoided (most of) the silly over the top elements that made films like Moonraker and Die Another Day so stupid. Until SPECTRE, that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top