Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 01:56 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,542,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
If all a person cares about is the T&A factor, why spend money on a movie? The entire Internet awaits. The rest of us would like to see things like good acting and writing in a movie before we start arguing over breast size.
so why watch a female Indian jones movie if not for t&a? there wasn't good acting or writing in this either

it isn't even a good "female lead" movie to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 05:25 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
so why watch a female Indian jones movie if not for t&a? there wasn't good acting or writing in this either
How do you know? Have you seen it?

Old 01-20-2018, 07:15 AM

666 posts, read 513,003 times
I can't believe Tomb Raider is still a thing. Didn't they reboot the video game so much that it's not even the same character anymore? I wouldn't know because I stopped playing after she was rebooted the second time.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:04 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,643,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No.
She really is too twiggy to be realistic in the role.
But maybe she buffs up for it or something.

I am not much of a Jolie fan, but she really was Lara Croft.
Recent special effect patterns suggest CGI animation to be included for scenes to make
her look more "athletic" and "agile". Recall the reintroduction of Peter Cushing's character
in Rogue One despite the fact that he had passed away in the early 1990s. Princess
Leia's 1977 character was reinvigorated with CGI in 2016. So, I think one can expect
some degree of "augmentation" for the special effects and athleticism required.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/27/m...ff-tarkin.html

I wonder if Saturday Night Live will make a satire on special effects. When the first Star Wars
came out, the Benny Hill Show did that and made a scene on a plane with a lifelike set. Then
the scene would switch to a plastic toy plane hanging from a ceiling by a string as the "special
effects" cut (LOL).

Old 01-24-2018, 10:40 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,995 times
Vikander still looks petite in the movie. Perhaps an actress like Gina Carano would be better.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:15 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden Morlevent View Post
am i the only one to be disappointed by the choice of Vikander? i always loved, loved Lara Croft, i had the game on playstation, and before that on computer, i'e always had that image of a very "round" Lara - breasts, butt, face, i don't know how to explain, i must sound stupid, it's just that Vikander is really good-looking, but i thought they'd take someone else... she look a bit "plain" for the role, not sure, i don't want to offend anyone.

Jolie fit the role better, for sure. I would think they would have cast someone with that body shape, maybe Scarlett Johansen.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:48 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,062,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Vikander still looks petite in the movie. Perhaps an actress like Gina Carano would be better.
Sorry...but "actress" and "Gina Carano" don't belong in the same sentence.

I too preferred Jolie and don't really see the reason for a reboot...guess Hollywood is running out of any original ideas. Also, this gives them the chance to be even more politically correct......I wonder how many men this new one will beat up, outgun, kill, or emasculate.....don't know but in keeping with the PC narrative I'm sure they'll all be white bad guys.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:09 PM

666 posts, read 513,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post

I too preferred Jolie and don't really see the reason for a reboot...guess Hollywood is running out of any original ideas. Also, this gives them the chance to be even more politically correct......I wonder how many men this new one will beat up, outgun, kill, or emasculate.....don't know but in keeping with the PC narrative I'm sure they'll all be white bad guys.
PC narrative? So it was a PC narrative when James Bond killed nothing but white guys?

Old 02-01-2018, 10:51 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastFlatbush View Post
PC narrative? So it was a PC narrative when James Bond killed nothing but white guys?
The Anti-PC folks are just as annoying as those who are PC. It must be a sucky existence to lookat everything in life through some politically charged lens.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:35 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post

Are you joking? Who is in the video game?

I'm curious. Who do you believe she has the right to fight in this fictional movie?

Last edited by charlygal; 02-01-2018 at 11:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies