U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 07:37 AM

11,700 posts, read 15,498,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
When it comes to clowns I do not have one lol. Seriously, if someone dressed as a clown approached me, I would lose it.

Yes I am the same way as well and also have we all forgotten about some of those jerks who were dressing up like clowns and scaring neighborhoods and kids ? Honestly where I live if someone did that here some of these good ole boys around here would hunt them down and most likely I think the same thing in north Carolina as well .
Someone dressed as a clown and being grown does not fly with me .

that is why I will never see this movie ever ....

Last edited by phonelady61; 09-12-2017 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 08:02 AM

11,660 posts, read 9,798,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
When it comes to clowns I do not have one lol. Seriously, if someone dressed as a clown approached me, I would lose it.
LOL, well in that case, this probably isn't the movie for you. But if it makes you feel any better, I didn't notice any clowns in my theater when I went to see it, but I probably would've just laughed since I laughed at Pennywise too. He looks ridiculous.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:04 PM

1,604 posts, read 647,786 times
Loved it and I don't watch horror movies. Definitely see it.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:17 AM

1,377 posts, read 641,578 times
Still haven't seen it but saw some clips online that someone took off the screen (I assume because of the bad quality) The scene where
Spoiler
Pennywise bites off Georgie's arm
- that CGI could have been better. I still want to see it. Eventually.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:45 AM

16,236 posts, read 14,471,980 times
What kind of ruined "It" for me was when King started blathering on about cosmic dimensional forces and good and evil and The Turtle Vs Pennywise or any of his DarK Tower drivel. "It" was far more intriguing and had more depth the less you knew about Pennywise. I took him to be a probable demonic entity, possibly from outside our dimension but also possibly similar to fallen angels or Djinn. King ain't no mythos creator like HP Lovecraft was, that's for sure.
With " The Shining", you had an evil place that got more powerful as the years went by and it took on a sentience and presence that could manifest itself in various ways. If King started trying to define exactly what the nature of the entity in The Overlook( or the entity was The Overlook itself), you'd probably roll you eyes and say " Uh huh" and then have to deal with fans that ate up his every word and never really had an opinion of their own.
"Christine" was about a haunted car, again possessed by some kind of demonic entity. It killed. Great story, no need to weigh it down with too much conjecture.
"Salem's Lot." This was a great story and he nailed vampires for the most part. Maybe one element of the story was a little stupid, that of vampires taking over a town completely. It hadn't happened before wherever Barlow was previously and although it was a new twist, still didn't make a whole lot of sense.
Often overlooked but still a good story was " The Storm Of The Century". Not perfect and King's clumsy ham fisted prejudices did weaken the story to a degree, but the idea was there and it was a good story. Linoge was a demon possessed person, probably no long human except in appearance. That's all we needed to know and we got to really feel for a few of the characters, the ones that were written well.
"The Stand". It had its slow spots and was too long, but it all tied itself up at the end. Maybe one thing was off story wise. You figure that good people outnumber evil people by about ten to one. At least. Maybe twenty to one would even be too conservative. 50 to 1? 100 to 1? Probably. Even given that Flagg's army would get some good stragglers mixed in and fence riders or those who just didn't know what was going on, he'd still have been greatly outnumbered by the good people. I know he wanted nukes, that was part of the story.

Just once I'd like to see a movie where good beings come down and open up a can of whoop ass on bad people. Its always humans manage to beat off an evil being at great cost by calling on a higher power, why not have a good spirit show up in person and beat the crap out of a bad spirit? Just getting a little tired of the same old clichés, I guess.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:31 AM

8,558 posts, read 4,603,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Just once I'd like to see a movie where good beings come down and open up a can of whoop ass on bad people.
Spoiler
Darren Aronofsky's mother! (2017)

Old 09-17-2017, 06:29 PM

2,057 posts, read 462,018 times
I finally saw this, and I should admit that horror movies aren't really my thing, but if ever there was a horror movie, I guess this would be right up there with the best of them. Plus, at this point in my life, make-believe, fictional stuff doesn't really scare me.

But in comparison to the TV movie from the 90s(?), I suppose that this was a better production. Also, as someone in this thread had already mentioned:

Spoiler
"It' turned out to be more than just a giant spider and appeared to be something from Hell or a 'Hell' dimension. Plus, for anyone who read the book, I'm wondering if this 'Hell' dimension was closer to what was in the book. However, I figure that the idea of the giant spider had to come from somewhere?

But I guess the next movie might explain It's origin and how It got to be the way that it is.

Also, I was wondering how in the TV movie, things started off with the characters as being kids, but the miniseries ended up with them being adults who had reunited to fight 'It' again. But it looks like the ending set that up for future movies.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:36 PM

2,057 posts, read 462,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
LOL, well in that case, this probably isn't the movie for you. But if it makes you feel any better, I didn't notice any clowns in my theater when I went to see it, but I probably would've just laughed since I laughed at Pennywise too. He looks ridiculous.
Interestingly, one of the theaters where I live(and the theater that I saw "It" at) has a policy where people can't where costumes to the theater, and probably because of what FluidFreedom mentioned(i.e. patrons' saftey concerns). Therefore, so much for the Star War fanatics who like to wear Star War costumes to Star War movies.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:16 PM

70 posts, read 11,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMargeSentMe View Post
Still haven't seen it but saw some clips online that someone took off the screen (I assume because of the bad quality) The scene where
Spoiler
Pennywise bites off Georgie's arm
- that CGI could have been better. I still want to see it. Eventually.
I loved the film, but yes, that scene stuck out. When you first see
Spoiler
the teeth, in profile, you can tell it is practical effects and they look awesome, but when you see the teeth actually chomping on the kid's arm, it is quite evidently (and badly) CGI.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:33 PM

3,388 posts, read 2,779,767 times
My 14 yr old wants to see this movie.you know the "but everyone at school has seen it" which is more r rated the book or movie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies