U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 04:14 PM

1,825 posts, read 610,115 times

Advertisements

I think it is one of the best movies in the last decade about Christianity and the love that God has for everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waTEbgLYG-g
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 06:00 PM
Status: ""Let's not ask for the moon, we have the stars"." (set 14 days ago)

5,103 posts, read 1,703,191 times
I wanted to like it - I wanted it to move me but it didn't. My friend was sobbing her eyes out as was a few other people in the packed theatre.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:29 PM

1,306 posts, read 286,598 times
Quote:
Has anyone seen the movie, "The Shack"?
I did. And even though I'm not a fan of religiously themed movies such as Left Behind and Kirk Cameron type movies... I really liked this movie. Or at least parts of it. Plus, I thought that it was very moving near the end.

Also, the first week that it was out, I noticed that boxofficemojo.com didn't say a word about this movie on its homepage on Sunday when the openings of all the new movies are discussed.

Plus, I noticed that the previews for this movie really didn't explain what this movie was about, however, it did look interesting. Therefore, I was a bit curious about the seemingly 'secrecy' about this movie in the previews and Box Office Mojo's reticence of this movie.

Additionally, I thought that it was interesting that God in this movie wasn't really a fan of organized religion. Plus, the God in this movie didn't believe in the traditional Christian doctrine of Hellfire... which I thought was interesting.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
I did. And even though I'm not a fan of religiously themed movies such as Left Behind and Kirk Cameron type movies... I really liked this movie. Or at least parts of it. Plus, I thought that it was very moving near the end.

Also, the first week that it was out, I noticed that boxofficemojo.com didn't say a word about this movie on its homepage on Sunday when the openings of all the new movies are discussed.

Plus, I noticed that the previews for this movie really didn't explain what this movie was about, however, it did look interesting. Therefore, I was a bit curious about the seemingly 'secrecy' about this movie in the previews and Box Office Mojo's reticence of this movie.

Additionally, I thought that it was interesting that God in this movie wasn't really a fan of organized religion. Plus, the God in this movie didn't believe in the traditional Christian doctrine of Hellfire... which I thought was interesting.
Hmmm. I guess the mysteries about this movie is going to remain a mystery.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:41 AM

Mystery? Do you want us to tell you the whole plot? Go to IMDB.com and you can read critic's and everyday people's reviews.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Mystery? Do you want us to tell you the whole plot? Go to IMDB.com and you can read critic's and everyday people's reviews.
lol I already said that I saw the movie. Also, obviously, you didn't read my post.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:19 PM

Also, apparently, bobisinthehouse isn't in the house anymore and it looks like he has abandoned his thread.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
lol I already said that I saw the movie. Also, obviously, you didn't read my post.

Sorry I didn't see the first one.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Sorry I didn't see the first one.
Well, I still wonder why the previews seemed to 'hide' what the movie was really about. Unless, because the movie is based upon a book, the studio felt that people who read the book would obviously understand the previews. Or were they trying to get as many people in to see this movie by making it look like some sort of sci-fi-fantasy movie?

Plus, I definitely don't understand why boxofficemojo.com didn't say a word about this movie in its movie reporting.

Also, I'm thinking that bobisinthehouse didn't want to get into a religious discussion. Which I didn't want to get into either.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:27 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,846,018 times
Quote:
Well, I still wonder why the previews seemed to 'hide' what the movie was really about. Unless, because the movie is based upon a book, the studio felt that people who read the book would obviously understand the previews. Or were they trying to get as many people in to see this movie by making it look like some sort of sci-fi-fantasy movie?

Plus, I definitely don't understand why boxofficemojo.com didn't say a word about this movie in its movie reporting.

Also, I'm thinking that bobisinthehouse didn't want to get into a religious discussion. Which I didn't want to get into either.
I'm going to see the movie tomorrow. Looking at the trailer, why would anyone think it was a sci fi fantasy movie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies