Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2013, 06:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,508 times

Advertisements

My details are very limited but maybe this will help:

(1) Movie was maybe based in Northwest US or British Columbia. It seem to be cloudy, maybe wet a lot.
(2) I'm thinking 1980's
(3) There was a setting of a log cabin? type home in the country
(4) Father was a lumberjack I think, big guy, beard maybe. Mother was simple and pretty if I recall.
(5) A son, maybe two sons. One (a teen) wants to get away from the area. Not interested in the lumberjack lifestyle. I think ?? he may have had a mohawk style haircut but not the buzzed kind where remainder of head is shaved, maybe even an earring. The other brother was more simple, loved his home life.
(6) I'm really thinking Canadian movie but not sure. On TV. Not a big screen production. Family type movie, probably rated G.

This ring a bell with anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 07:31 AM

11 posts, read 6,371 times
Hi

I'm pretty sure of this story line. But tried searching. Can any of you remember watching this.. I think somewhere in 2000s.
The movie is about interracial love. There is an American Air Force guy who ends up in some Asian country and gets caught, injured and his passport is seized. He is rescued by a Asian man and taken to his house where his widowed (I think daughter in law) takes care of his wounds , cooks food and helps him to get recovered and finally tries to get back his passport. Eventually he falls in love with her. The ending scene is in airport where he promises her he'll settle things back at his place I think Virginia and come back for her .

Waiting for replies!

Last edited by Sunflower1111; 04-21-2017 at 07:39 AM..

Old 04-21-2017, 07:37 AM

23 posts, read 13,998 times
I am also read about the details of the movie you are looking for. However, I will keep searching for this kind of movie. If I found I will let you know. Thanks for your patience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies