U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 10:27 AM

5,598 posts, read 2,433,791 times

Advertisements

New pic. Looks like Black Manta in the corner!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 01:30 PM

Spoiler-Free Aquaman Impressions

Spoiler
Quote:
By now most people on the internet are aware that there was an Aquaman test screening yesterday as many other sites are posting how people found it to be pretty good and surprisingly emotional.

I did not attend this test screening, but a source I trust did and I’ve spent the last twelve hours or so picking their brain about the movie. While I could spoil the whole thing, I wouldn’t do that. It’s ten months away and James Wan deserves this movie to make Black Panther money, it’s that cool. So I wouldn’t spoil it like that to step on his toes.

But I will share with you some non-spoiler impressions I’ve heard and a very generic idea of what it’s about.

When DC Comics relaunched their line in 2011 with the New 52 one of the most memorable runs during that time was Geoff Johns’ Aquaman. It made Arthur a badass, and introduced cool villains such as The Trench and the Throne of Atlantis story line. December’s Aquaman movie is heavily inspired by Johns’ New 52 and contains elements from the Trench and Throne of Atlantis. So if you are familiar with the Throne of Atlantis story, you will have a good idea of what the plot is about.

So that’s basically what Aquaman is. Arthur and Mera must stop his half brother from doing something terrible and they go on a cool Indiana Jones style quest to get what they need (and it’s steeped in the ancient history of Atlantis). DC knows there are a lot of Mera fans, and she’s in the movie a lot almost always at Arthur’s side. Black Manta does appear and his costume and origin are comic-accurate, and some of the leaked stuff recently showing a familiar costume for Arthur was accurate as well. Orm was described to me as similar in motivation and methods to Loki in the MCU movies, which is a great sign as Loki is one of Marvel’s stronger villains in their films.

Behind it all is a very sweet and emotional love story between Arthur’s parents Atlanna and Thomas Curry. James Wan knows how to make fanboys cry, as seen in Furious 7 and the Paul Walker ending, and if they keep Aquaman structured the way it was in this screening people will be very happy with it and want to see more adventures of Arthur Curry. It seems like it’s much more similar in structure and tone to Wonder Woman than Justice League.

The next ten months are going to be hard to sit through as it sounds like James Wan has built on the awesome Aquaman foundation Geoff Johns did with the New 52 to make a movie that’ll finally shut up all those internet memes about the King of Atlantis.

Spoiler-Free Aquaman Impressions – ManaByte's Blog

Old 02-27-2018, 09:24 AM

9,086 posts, read 5,663,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
^ "I have come to kick ass and wax my pects. And I'm all outta wax."

My wife and I just watched Justice League over the weekend. When Aquaman was introduced I thought she was going to lick the TV screen....now all I hear is " I can't wait until his movie comes out ! "

I had no idea my wife was into long haired buff looking bad boys...considering I look the opposite.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
My wife and I just watched Justice League over the weekend. When Aquaman was introduced I thought she was going to lick the TV screen....now all I hear is " I can't wait until his movie comes out ! "

I had no idea my wife was into long haired buff looking bad boys...considering I look the opposite.
HAHAHA!! Time to do chest presses and grow out the hair, dude!

Old 04-25-2018, 12:15 PM

New Aquaman Footage Gets Positive Reactions From CinemaCon 2018 Attendees

Quote:
Before screening the footage, Wan revealed that the movie is nowhere near ready, so, he didn’t want to showcase anything on the stage. However, Warner Bros. still made him cut some footage for the event.

While addressing the CinemaCon attendees, Momoa compared the movie to the adventure and scale of Indiana Jones, [i]Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. He also praised Will Arnett’s work calling him “the best fu***ng Batman.”

Some of the attendees who got a chance to watch the footage took to Twitter to share their excitement for the film. You can check their reaction in the tweets below.
https://pursuenews.com/new-aquaman-f...018-attendees/

Old 06-13-2018, 06:25 PM

'Aquaman': James Wan Has Done An Incredible Job Says Warner Bros Chief - DC Films Hub

Quote:
Warner Bros. film chief Toby Emmerich said:

Quote:
“James has done an incredible job with his team. The film is taking you to a different place and imagining the underwater world in a way you haven’t seen before.”
Producer Peter Safran says, the film has “got the great action you expect, it’s got a lot of great humor, it works on so many levels … it’s a testament to James’ unique vision. I think it’s an extraordinary step in DC Universe that sets it on the right path.”

Former DC Entertainment president Geoff Johns praised the how good the film looks:

Quote:
“The underwater stuff has never been executed like this before. The visual effects shots coming in are just beautiful. James can switch modes from horror to big bright colorful action to really emotional scenes. He’s so able to hit all these different genres.”

Old 06-14-2018, 01:04 PM

https://twitter.com/AquamanShrine/st...24638945390593

https://twitter.com/AquamanShrine/st...22604707942402

Old 06-14-2018, 01:05 PM

Old 06-14-2018, 01:27 PM

Old 06-14-2018, 01:41 PM

15,089 posts, read 19,729,078 times
That Black Manta pic is giving me Super Friends flashbacks. And I mean that as a compliment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies