Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 12:15 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times

Advertisements

Filming has commenced! That's right!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 06:45 PM

Drum roll, please...!

The first official pix from James Wan's Aquaman production filming in NZ happen to be of Amber Heard as Mera! Enjoy!

Old 05-19-2017, 06:06 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
I hope that suit vents. Otherwise, water is going to pour down her cleavage and pop that rubber suit like a water balloon.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:41 AM

I was too busy noticing how great she looks to worry about technical issues. I'm sure the designers took care of it.

Not really something to worry about when we don't mind SF movies with FTL, a dude whose shield returns to him without a psionic link, and a "human" who can turn himself into marbles and then revert to his old self.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter caught up with Aquaman director James Wan and asked how shooting in Australia was going. Wan was very honest and open about the complicated nature of shooting a movie about heroes that live under water.

“It’s a very technically challenging shoot to be on,” Wan said in a phone interview from the Aquaman set. “Working with water, and even the dry-for-wet sequences are very complex. … Our equivalent of two people sitting around chatting in the underwater world is super complicated. You have to think about CG with the hair, and how their clothing moves, how are they floating, what kind of rig we put them on and all that stuff.”

Wan went on to explain that a lot of the challenges come from his commitment to shoot as much with the real actors as he can, avoiding the use of CGI whenever possible. “That just makes it very difficult and time-sucking and time-challenging to do all of this,” he continued. “So it’s not an easy shoot — but hopefully it will pay off in spades down the line.”
'Aquaman' director James Wan explains the "complex" and "complicated" shoot - Batman News

Old 08-10-2017, 12:25 PM

512 posts, read 321,412 times
I am dying to see how this turns out. It is one of my most anticipated films of next year!

Old 08-10-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oramasfella View Post
I am dying to see how this turns out. It is one of my most anticipated films of next year!
You know it!

Old 08-10-2017, 04:32 PM

Old 08-19-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Willem Dafoe reveals ‘Aquaman’ character details and what it’s like shooting underwater scenes

Screen Crush caught up with Willem Dafoe today at an event for his new Netflix movie, Death Note. Dafoe was asked about his upcoming DC Comics role as Vulko and admitted that he only has a cameo in Justice League. “Aquaman is the important thing,” he said.

Dafoe explained that the movie version of Vulko won’t look like he does in the comics, and his overall portrayal will be slightly different.

“There’s been some adjustments. Not even adjustments – it’s like anything, you use the source material and something is born from that,” Dafoe explained. “But I don’t really look like he does in the comic, and his role is slightly different. He is an advisor, but he’s also sort of a mentor to Aquaman.”

Dafoe said that most of his scenes in Aquaman are underwater, and echoed some of director James Wan’s comments about the complexity of shooting them.

“Most of my scenes are underwater,” Dafoe said. “Some are not. So much of it, because we’re talking, and shooting underwater is a lot of ways impractical because you’re limited to what you can do with sets. It’s more about shooting them dry for wet, and then the effects do certain things to give the water feel. But we aren’t doing the scenes underwater, but we are in harnesses and on wires. There is movement. It’s not like were all sitting around pretending were underwater like this [stands up still], we’re swimming around, we’re moving. So that should be really beautiful.”
Willem Dafoe reveals 'Aquaman' character details and what it's like shooting underwater scenes - Batman News

Old 08-19-2017, 01:19 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I hope that suit vents. Otherwise, water is going to pour down her cleavage and pop that rubber suit like a water balloon.

I see no problem with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies