U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-18-2017, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Henderson, NV, U.S.A.
8,023 posts, read 4,225,963 times
Reputation: 15236

Advertisements

Yeah, see, they die of shame. What did I do wrong? How could I have gotten myself into this? And so they sit there and they... die. Because they didn't do the one thing that should've save their lives.

And what is that Charles?

Thinking.



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-20-2017, 04:04 PM
Status: "I'm hungry for french fries" (set 15 days ago)
 
223 posts, read 100,488 times
Reputation: 261
Corvette Summer from 1978. The first movie Mark Hamil did after Star Wars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2017, 05:16 PM
 
2,394 posts, read 1,270,972 times
Reputation: 4011
Rubber 2010 A sentient tire rolls through the desert, using the power of its mind to make small animals -- and human heads -- explode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2017, 05:23 PM
 
2,830 posts, read 980,637 times
Reputation: 3411
The Scent of Green Papaya

The Scent of Green Papaya (1993) - Plot Summary - IMDb

Vietnam, before...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2017, 05:25 PM
 
3,522 posts, read 1,814,693 times
Reputation: 8886
I LOVE the Australian film Sweetie. It's one of the most surreal and strange movies I've ever seen.

Here's the review from Rotten Tomatoes:

Jane Campion's first film, Sweetie, is the bizarre story about two sisters, Kay (Karen Colston) and Sweetie (Genevieve Lemon). At the beginning of the film, Kay is tentatively beginning an affair with a young man, when Sweetie---her mentally disturbed, overweight and demanding sister--re-enters her and her family's lives, throwing everything into turmoil. Campion's camera work is original and off-kilter, often recalling the style of David Lynch. And, much like Lynch, Campion's story is odd and disconcerting, and won't necessarily appeal to all tastes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2017, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Henderson, NV, U.S.A.
8,023 posts, read 4,225,963 times
Reputation: 15236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I LOVE the Australian film Sweetie. It's one of the most surreal and strange movies I've ever seen.

Here's the review from Rotten Tomatoes:

Jane Campion's first film, Sweetie, is the bizarre story about two sisters, Kay (Karen Colston) and Sweetie (Genevieve Lemon). At the beginning of the film, Kay is tentatively beginning an affair with a young man, when Sweetie---her mentally disturbed, overweight and demanding sister--re-enters her and her family's lives, throwing everything into turmoil. Campion's camera work is original and off-kilter, often recalling the style of David Lynch. And, much like Lynch, Campion's story is odd and disconcerting, and won't necessarily appeal to all tastes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
The Scent of Green Papaya

The Scent of Green Papaya (1993) - Plot Summary - IMDb

Vietnam, before...
Excellent films. I'd highly recommend either one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2017, 06:39 PM
 
3,522 posts, read 1,814,693 times
Reputation: 8886
Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
Excellent film. Loved it.
You are literally the first person who's ever known of this movie when I mentioned it. And it's SO ridiculously good. I loved it and I quote from it incessantly. "You ruin everything, Dawn!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2017, 06:41 PM
 
2,903 posts, read 950,320 times
Reputation: 1691
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHS View Post
Corvette Summer from 1978. The first movie Mark Hamil did after Star Wars.
"Star Wars' Mark Hamill's BACK...in Corvette Summer!!"

I remember the tagline blurted enthusiastically by the first trailer's VO.

I'm glad others like this movie. Annie Potts co-stars as Vanessa, the teen hooker Kenny (Mark Hamill) becomes involved with in his search for the stolen titular vehicle.

The other co-star nobody seems to remember these days is Kim Milford. Kim died very young (37) in 1988. The '70s were his heyday. He was a musical-vocal prodigy who got an early start in stage acting and played Rocky in Rocky Horror Picture Show (before the movie) and performed in early productions of Jesus Christ Superstar and Hair.

Kim also joined the Jeff Beck Group in the summer of '72, but his involvement didn't work out beyond a couple months. His singing wasn't the issue, because he was one hell of a vocalist.

All that aside, the guy was an underrated actor. In Corvette Summer, he plays Wayne, the guy who runs the Las Vegas chop shop that Kenny (Hamill) gets sucked into. Enemies at first, an uneasy alliance shapes itself as the acolyte throws himself into "the trade" and his boss finds his fervor unusual and suspect.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W9pmT6JTO4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2017, 06:41 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
29,994 posts, read 28,444,792 times
Reputation: 53812
Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
Yeah, see, they die of shame. What did I do wrong? How could I have gotten myself into this? And so they sit there and they... die. Because they didn't do the one thing that should've save their lives.

And what is that Charles?

Thinking.



I will never get tired of watching this movie.

Robert: Wish we had some salt.
Charles: You know, you can, uh... you can season meat with gunpowder. Did you know that?
Robert : Wish we had some gunpowder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2017, 06:46 PM
 
579 posts, read 359,201 times
Reputation: 957
Little Fauss and Big Halsy 1970


Robert Redford and Lauren Hutton when she was young and very attractive.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5VhoX0p2S8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top