U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 06:25 PM
KB4

353 posts, read 1,027,317 times

Advertisements

Licence to Wed. Tacky and not funny at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 06:43 PM

6,254 posts, read 4,219,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
One of the Star Trek movies, I can't remember which one it was. It was so boring, my husband fell asleep and started snoring. I woke him up and we left.
Now that's just not fair. You have to at least break it down to the 'original' 6.. The Next Generation 4 or the reboot 3..

Of the originals.. Only 5 was bad enough to walk out of.

The Next Gens.. Insurrection is a possibility, but I didn't find it THAT bad. (Only First Contact was a solid movie out of this batch)

The Reboots.. I haven't seen any of them in the theaters. The mere mention of them makes me want to go to a theater and walk out, though. Sorry, i'm not a fan of investing 40 years in a series only to have the flavor of the month come along and say "Oh yeah.. none of that ever happened"

Old 06-21-2017, 06:47 PM

226 posts, read 58,584 times
A couple of times.

In both cases, I waited about 30 minutes for the movie to get better and it didn't.

One of them was Guardians of the Galaxy. I seem to remember the other one being Prometheus.

I almost walked out on Independence Day 2 because it was such a bucket of turds compared to the first one, which of course is a classic.

As a side note, 90%+ of the CGI fests today that are passed off as "action" or "sci-fi" are utter crap.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:34 PM

5,269 posts, read 7,780,543 times
Just once so far: the 2005 remake of King Kong. Horrible effects (Kong changes size all the time), vile and callous disregard for the lives of characters you've become interested in, and complete disregard for the moral of the old Kong story. And baaaaad acting! And the sound was painfully loud. That was the main reason I left, actually. Since then I've watched it on TV, and it's still a horrible movie, but at least you can turn the sound down...

Old 06-25-2017, 05:49 PM

12,707 posts, read 12,702,540 times
Cosmopolis, nightmarishly bad and boring.

Last edited by tickyul; 06-25-2017 at 05:57 PM..

Old 06-25-2017, 09:54 PM

9,586 posts, read 3,824,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
We almost walked out on one today - Wonder Woman - but I was sure it HAD to get better eventually. I was wrong. The only thing that kept us in there was that it was too early to go to dinner, even for the early bird specials.

I can't decide whether it was meant to be serious....fail. Campy.....fail. Funny....fail.

Luckily it was Cheap Old Farts Day at the Movies, but that's $12 and two hours we'll never get back again.
That's surprising since I've read two different articles by women journalists talking about how they openly wept to see such an empowered female character. I thought that sounded stupid (as if there haven't been other empowered female characters), but I figured it would at least have been halfway decent. Oh well.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:05 PM

9,586 posts, read 3,824,982 times
When I was in high school I dated a guy who was the type to just walk out of movies. We actually walked out on Blind Date with Bruce Willis and Kim Bassinger, and I haven't seen anything since that has redeemed that movie. We also walked out of Mystic Pizza and Raising Arizona, and I really like both movies now.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:12 PM

8,412 posts, read 4,464,437 times
The Little Hours (2017). Three minutes, and I stood up and walked out of there. Asked for the manager and got my money back. What was I thinking?

Old 07-28-2017, 08:02 AM
Status: ""Better to be alone than with the wrong person"." (set 7 days ago)

5,942 posts, read 2,078,981 times
If I hadn't been there with a friend I would have walked out of My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. What a boring movie and I loved the first one. Back in the day I wanted to leave the theatre watching Chariots of Fire and The Stepford Wives remake but once again I was with someone who was enjoying them.

I was watching The Cleaner with Samuel L. Jackson by myself and left after 30 minutes. Didn't even care how it ended.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:19 AM

7,126 posts, read 1,574,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
I haven't, but I almost did.

This is going to age me, but I saw Iron Eagle at the theater. Mid 80s. I thought it was the dumbest movie I'd ever seen. Ever. And this was a time when my standards for movies were very low. I couldn't believe how dumb that movie was. But I couldn't walk out of the movie because the concept was so alien to me.

I didn't see Harley Davidson & the Marlboro Man or Tango and Cash at the theater. But if I had, I might very well have walked out. Those two movies eclipsed even Iron Eagle as the worst movies I'd ever seen.

--

Yes ,Magnolia...........the worst movie I have ever seen, in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies