U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 08:11 PM

2,044 posts, read 2,130,733 times

Advertisements

I have never saw a trailer and said to myself...."What a sh*t azz movie trailer, let me go and let me throw away my hard earn money". So, my answer is "no". I'm extremely selective when it goes to spending money at the theater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 06:06 PM

7,666 posts, read 6,074,681 times
I walked out of Noah. ROck creatures helping build the ark, and trying to kill his own daughter, so that the human race can be ended and save the environment? Extra super stupid movie.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:31 PM

1,880 posts, read 621,998 times
I'm a real movie snob, but I'm in a group of women who like to go to movies and then go out afterwards. Mostly, they like to go to awful movies. I check Rotten Tomatoes for the rating, and if it isn't rated highly by Rotten Tomatoes I fake being busy for the movie time but am free for the going out time afterwards. ;D When I've said before that I often look at Rotten Tomatoes reviews, some of them say oh I always know if Rotten Tomatoes likes it, I won't!! Mm hmm. So I've noticed.

I did walk out on The Player with Ali McGraw, late 1970's. Man that was a bad movie. I was with girlfriends and about halfway through we just looked at each other and said "Let's go".

Old 08-14-2017, 11:29 AM

1,017 posts, read 257,518 times
Wicker Park - no one will have heard of this PoS and for good reason. It looked like a thriller in the ads and was the worst, most BS "romance" ever. So bad words can't describe it.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:32 PM

10,098 posts, read 5,927,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
Wicker Park - no one will have heard of this PoS and for good reason. It looked like a thriller in the ads and was the worst, most BS "romance" ever. So bad words can't describe it.
I too assumed Wicker Park was going to be a Hitchcockian thriller but the ads were so misleading. Really awful film.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:28 PM

37,107 posts, read 34,106,000 times
I don't recall if I ever did. I used to go the movies all the time when I was a kid. We don't go that often at all anymore. The rare times we do it's a movie that I know via reviews that it was good. I don't wanna waste my money and time of something that I don't have any idea is about. We again maybe go a couple of times a year.

We have a big screen TV at home and the ticket prices are just ridiculous, throw in some popcorn and it's just not worth it anymore except for like a said a couple times of year and when it's a type of movie that just seems like the big screen would be the place to see it.

Watching Netflix movies we used to waste our time with a movie that was slow or whatever trying to give it a shot but I'm getting to the point now that if 15 or 20 minutes in and if it just sucks and doesn't' look like it might get better we'll turn it off.

Reminds me of movies that sucked hard like Meet the Blacks. Damn, we turned that dog off in under 10 minutes. Just so crapily done. Very badly done. LOL. Bad acting, crappy dialog, silly over the top characters that didn't say anything remotely normal sounding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies