Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 09:44 AM

9,980 posts, read 5,677,344 times

Advertisements

Date Movie. After listening to/watching the cat sh*t in the toilet for about 20 minutes, that was enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 11:39 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,141,481 times
I haven't done it in decades. My criteria for seeing a movie has definitely seen a refinement and most times I rely on who is directing as I don't read past the first couple sentences if I read the review at all. There are many directors who I will see their new movie at the theater, if it is playing that is. Here's a list that is not all inclusive, but you get the idea.

Kelly Reichardt
Jim Jarmusch
Kore-eda Hirokazu
Richard Linklater
Park Chan-wook
Aki Kaurismäki
Jeff Nichols
Todd Solondz
David Zellner
Roy Andersson
Michael Haneke
Gus Van Sant
Jia Zhangke
Wes Anderson
Paul Thomas Anderson

Old 06-20-2017, 04:33 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times
I've walked out of two movies, but the funny part was, they were classic French movies, one Godard and one Bresson, and since I have a serious interest in movies, I had to go back and sit through them years later.

Old 06-20-2017, 07:20 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,870,982 times
We almost walked out on one today - Wonder Woman - but I was sure it HAD to get better eventually. I was wrong. The only thing that kept us in there was that it was too early to go to dinner, even for the early bird specials.

I can't decide whether it was meant to be serious....fail. Campy.....fail. Funny....fail.

Luckily it was Cheap Old Farts Day at the Movies, but that's $12 and two hours we'll never get back again.

Old 06-20-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I've walked out of two movies, but the funny part was, they were classic French movies, one Godard and one Bresson,...
I understand the Godard, but Robert Bresson? What film was it? I think I've seen only 8 out of his 13 (feature) films anyway.

Old 06-20-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
We almost walked out on one today - Wonder Woman - but I was sure it HAD to get better eventually. I was wrong. The only thing that kept us in there was that it was too early to go to dinner, even for the early bird specials.
What made you buy a ticket? If you bought two tickets, then the picture becomes clearer.

Old 06-20-2017, 07:55 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,870,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
What made you buy a ticket? If you bought two tickets, then the picture becomes clearer.
I'm not sure buying TEN tickets would have made that movie any clearer....

Old 06-21-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
I'm not sure buying TEN tickets would have made that movie any clearer....
If you bought two then maybe someone else made the decision for you. I don't understand why you went.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:27 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
My husband and I walked out of The Good Shepherd. OMG, I was so bored I could hardly stand it, plus I was sitting there thinking, "I don't like anyone in this movie and I don't care what happens to any of them."

Suddenly, the film stopped - some sort of technical difficulty - and the lights came on and a voice said, "Sorry - give us 30 seconds and the movie will be back on." I looked over at my husband and he looked over at me and he said, "You wanna split this scene?" and I said, "HECK YES. Let's get outta here!"

When we stood up to leave, someone actually called out, "Don't you want to see the ending?" and we laughed and I said, "Nope. Life is too short to waste it on drivel like this!"

Funny thing was, about a year later we were at a Christmas party and a couple there kept saying, "I think I know you guys" but they didn't look familiar to us. Suddenly the wife said, "Wait - did you guys walk out of a movie about a year ago?" and we both busted out laughing and said, "We sure did! The Good Shepherd!"

Old 06-21-2017, 04:30 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,652,865 times
I almost walked out of Mr. Mike's Mondo Video... but "this just has to get better, right?"
It didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies