U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 08:02 AM

3,269 posts, read 1,348,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick5575 View Post
Not trying to be insulting but enough is enough.
Bull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 08:11 AM

908 posts, read 540,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
So if a movie has a woman as the lead it's not a fun movie?
Umm can you read I said make fun movies. I don't care if the lead is a woman or a man or a tree I go to the movies to be entertained not have gender politics shoved in my face.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:04 AM

1,384 posts, read 304,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
What the hell is a Crystal award? Do those silly little twits need an award for every little thing? How about Biggest Whiner Award? And the award goes to..............Elizabeth Banks!

(Come to think of it, who is Elizabeth Banks?)
Who's Elizabeth Banks?

Why she's none other than Effie from The Hunger Game movies.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:08 AM

1,706 posts, read 453,997 times
Why are you waiting around for a man to do it for you? Make your own damn movies with female leads.

Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM

504 posts, read 421,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Bull.
ok, be a sensitive snowflake then

Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM

354 posts, read 92,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
What other examples are there from his decades long career? It's the only one I've come across. There may be others, but no one's mentioned them (on various media outlets and opinion sites)

I'm genuinely curious.
The Sugarland Express and Poltergeist come to mind, but I am not wading through his filmography to find more... There probably aren't many, but that is more a symptom of Hollywood in general than Spielberg in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
But honestly, I have a hard time caring overly much. I don't remember the last time I got excited about a Spielberg movie. He seems to be getting tired.
The last time I got excited for a Spielberg movie was the first Jurassic Park a quarter of a century ago, which I hoped would be the new Jaws. No cigar, and not even close... I gave up on him after that.

He sure has done a lot of hack work lately, making a lot of sequels and junk. Transformers movies, Men in Black 3, Jurassic World 2, Indiana Jones 5 (!)... I remember when people used to call him a "visionary" and a "storyteller".

Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM

12,409 posts, read 17,051,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliblue View Post
He sure has done a lot of hack work lately, making a lot of sequels and junk. Transformers movies, Men in Black 3, Jurassic World 2, Indiana Jones 5 (!)...
To be fair, on a lot of those he was Producer, not Director, which in Hollywood parlance these days basically means, "They put my name in the credits and I get a big check."

BRIDGE OF SPIES from 2015 was really good. And I know I'm in the minority, but I liked Indy 4. Didn't love it. But it's probably my favorite of the Indy sequels.

Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM

3,269 posts, read 1,348,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick5575 View Post
ok, be a sensitive snowflake then
I wish someone would come up with something new so we could retire this stupid overused "insult".

If you're going to try to insult me, at least try to come up with something original or don't bother.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old Today, 01:32 PM

6,204 posts, read 1,327,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
so why doesn't she direct more movies and put female leads in?

I don't see why people complain when they don't do something about it themselves

like expecting someone else to cure cancer while you stand there sucking a popsicle, work isn't getting done any faster there

Old Today, 01:35 PM

18,273 posts, read 18,917,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
so why doesn't she direct more movies and put female leads in?
She's attached to direct a reboot of Charlie's Angels right now, so she is: Charlie's Angels (2019) - IMDb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies