U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 02:59 AM

1,089 posts, read 509,461 times

Advertisements

I'm in no hurry to watch this movie (or other summer season movies), but I'm not buying the concerted media "smear campaign" that it's suddenly worse than other blockbusters being released. Maybe if critics were consistent in their criticism of formulaic superhero movies and the nonsensical Fast & Furious series, I'd understand the dogpiling on Transformers. Summer season blockbusters aren't "beneath" my film sensibilities, and I'll judge the movie myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 11:42 PM

12 posts, read 1,378 times
I don't know whether I should watch it or not.........some friends said just enjoy the boom and robots but others say this whole series is ruined by this movie.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:28 AM

1,893 posts, read 415,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
I'm in no hurry to watch this movie (or other summer season movies), but I'm not buying the concerted media "smear campaign" that it's suddenly worse than other blockbusters being released.
Well, at least it's better than Alien: Covenant.

Quote:
Maybe if critics were consistent in their criticism of formulaic superhero movies and the nonsensical Fast & Furious series, I'd understand the dogpiling on Transformers. Summer season blockbusters aren't "beneath" my film sensibilities, and I'll judge the movie myself.
Hey... F8: The Fate of the Furious was good. But as far as the dogpiling on the Transformers, well, it's because of 5 words: 'People's hatred of Michael Bay.'

Old 07-06-2017, 09:01 AM

3,540 posts, read 1,203,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Well, at least it's better than Alien: Covenant.
That's not what I'm hearing/reading.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
That's not what I'm hearing/reading.
Hmmm. All that I'm reading/hearing in this thread are things like: The plot is so confusing and They need to put this franchise to rest(by someone who may or may not have see the movie yet) and Awful scene(based on a 46 second preview) and I'm not even sure I'll go see this one and I'm in no hurry to watch this movie and I don't know whether I should watch it or not. And from second-hand information: others say this whole series is ruined by this movie.

However, in the Alien: Covenant thread, people are ripping that movie into threads, in the way that a Xenomorph would rip a human into threads.

Also, I'm going by the numbers because with a 24 million dollar domestic take last weekend, TTLK is slated to at least gross twice as much as AC domestically.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Hey... F8: The Fate of the Furious was good.
Good by what standard? I didn't hate the movie, I can excuse the implausibilities, but it was just flat and boring with no surprises or exciting moments.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Good by what standard? I didn't hate the movie, I can excuse the implausibilities, but it was just flat and boring with no surprises or exciting moments.
You mean you didn't like when...

Spoiler
the threat to his child was over with and Vin Diesel was able to stop working for the bad guys and was able to start kicking their asses? Oh, man... what a glorious movie moment.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
You mean you didn't like when...

Spoiler
the threat to his child was over with and Vin Diesel was able to stop working for the bad guys and was able to start kicking their asses? Oh, man... what a glorious movie moment.
Did you ever watch Miami Vice
Spoiler
when Crockett lost his memory and became a mobster for a full season of the show? I expected more from Dom turning heel, than an excuse that was resolved by the end of the movie. At this point you don't expect any more cliffhangers from this franchise.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Did you ever watch Miami Vice
Spoiler
when Crockett lost his memory and became a mobster for a full season of the show? I expected more from Dom turning heel, than an excuse that was resolved by the end up the movie. At this point you don't expect any more cliffhangers from this franchise.
Hmmm. It sounds like you really don't like The Fast of the Furious franchise. But that's okay. It's all good.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:45 PM

Wrong. But I like 1, TD and 4 the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies