Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2017, 06:17 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,245,835 times

Advertisements

Edinburgh TV Fest: Marvel Exec Hints at Comedic Direction, Teases 'Inhumans' | Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
While Zreik wouldn't offer specifics, he also revealed that Marvel TV was working again with ABC — which it has partnered with on Inhumans — on a new female-focused show currently in development. "It's Jessica Jones-esque," the exec said, without providing further details.

Because, you know, Marvel's last female-led TV show on ABC did so well and received loads of support from the house of Mouse.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:28 AM

12,381 posts, read 8,134,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Edinburgh TV Fest: Marvel Exec Hints at Comedic Direction, Teases 'Inhumans' | Hollywood Reporter

Because, you know, Marvel's last female-led TV show on ABC did so well and received loads of support from the house of Mouse.
Well Agent Carter was also a period piece, set in New York city and Los Angeles on top of that, so money wise all those extras had to go into increasingly hard to get costumes and increasingly hard to find period cars had to populate a studio lot. An enhanced woman working in our era, depending upon her power set might be cheaper than an ordinary cop show with technical advisers and safety monitors for the prop guns on set.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Well Agent Carter was also a period piece, set in New York city and Los Angeles on top of that, so money wise all those extras had to go into increasingly hard to get costumes and increasingly hard to find period cars had to populate a studio lot. An enhanced woman working in our era, depending upon her power set might be cheaper than an ordinary cop show with technical advisers and safety monitors for the prop guns on set.
Yup. All true.

I'm all for it if it turns out good, although I am a little nervous by the description "Jessica Jones-esque," since I found that show to be a bit of a mess. Great cast, but the writing never stepped up to the plate.

I'm very curious about whether they are trying to develop an existing Marvel character, or develop a brand new character. I'm not quite sure who they might choose of their existing repertoire that hasn't already been in movies or on TV that wouldn't also require a huge special effects budget (She-Hulk, Spider Woman).

Old 08-25-2017, 11:29 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,140 times
Agent Carter was a good show. The new one will obviously be modern-day, with iPhones, selfies and Starbuck$ galore!

Old 08-25-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Snyder is still intent on directing 'Justice League 2,' but that film has been pushed back to make room for Ben Affleck's Batman stand-alone.

Zack Snyder is going from the epic world of DC superheroes to war-torn Afghanistan.

After wrapping Justice League, Snyder is not tackling Justice League 2, as was the initial plan, but rather is focusing his attention on his long-in-development thriller The Last Photograph.

Snyder is still intent on directing Justice League 2, but that movie has been pushed back to make room for Ben Affleck’s Batman stand-alone movie. The move left an opening in Snyder’s schedule for a production that is smaller-scale, at least compared to massive superhero tentpoles he has been working on of late. Call it a palate cleanser, if you will.

Snyder set up the project in the mid-2000s, after the success of 300, but the rights lapsed. Gianni Nunnari’s Hollywood Gang is in the process of negotiating a new deal.

Snyder concocted the story and his longtime colleague Kurt Johnstad wrote the script, which will get a sprucing up. In 2011, Christian Bale and Sean Penn were attached to star, but the project is now actorless. The plan, sources say, is to repackage the project and approach Warner Bros., where Snyder and his producing partner and wife Deborah Snyder have a first-look pact for their Cruel and Unusual Films banner, with the aim of having it shoot in late 2017.

Photograph centers on a war correspondent in Afghanistan who is the only one to survive an attack on a group of Americans. When a special ops soldier in search of a family member shows up, the two team up, with the correspondent hoping to score the story of his life.
Zack Snyder Firming Up Post-'Justice League' Plans with 'The Last Photograph' (Exclusive) | Hollywood Reporter

Old 08-25-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Agent Carter was a good show.
It was. I loved it. So it was cancelled.

Yet the shows I hate seem to run forever.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:36 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,986,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Agent Carter was a good show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
It was. I loved it.
*Bark* Another barker that some people loved for some reason. But thank God for the rating system so that we don't have Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. postponed for two months anymore.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:55 PM

Old 09-12-2017, 06:41 AM

No matter how bad Superman Returns was, it still doesn't make Man of Steel any better. By that reasoning, this must make perfect sense:

Nicolas Cage Believes His Scrapped Superman Movie Is Better Than Man of Steel, Because It Exists Only in Our Minds

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2<\/title><path d="M10,3.5l3-3,3,3Z" style="fill:%23fff;stroke:%23fff"/><path d="M0,3.5H10l3-3,3,3H26" style="fill:none;stroke:%231b3a4d"/><\/svg>')}.f_branding_on.blog-group-deadspin .editor-inner.post-content .pu

Quote:
I would offer that the movie that Tim and I would have made, in your imagination, is more powerful than any of the Superman movies. I didn’t even have to make the movie and we all know what that movie would have been in your imagination. That is the Superman. That is the movie. Even though you never saw it—it is the Superman.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:56 AM

"I didn't even have to make the movie...That is the Superman."

Hahahahahahaha! I like Nick. I think the dude gets a bad rap much of the time, kind of like Matthew McConaughey.

But this is one time where Nick's clearly talking out of his rear. Burton's movie would've been the CBM laughingstock of its day. I think it's better it exists only in our imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.