Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 03:09 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
As far as the rights going back to Fox ...we'll never see a movie like Logan again, not under the banner of the MCU.
Perhaps, but it was one that I thinl doing 20 more of would hurt it. All I want is Deadpool to continue on but be it's own thing. X-Men can go back in the fold, Fantastic Four needs it for a reboot to work but Deadpool as of right now plainly works. I recognize Apocalypse wasn't loved, but to me it was my 1990's X-Men animated series movie that I wanted to see from December 1999 when I saw the cryptic X logo poster for the first movie. The closest before that was maybe X2 and First Class.

Old 12-09-2017, 05:25 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Perhaps, but it was one that I thinl doing 20 more of would hurt it. All I want is Deadpool to continue on but be it's own thing. X-Men can go back in the fold, Fantastic Four needs it for a reboot to work but Deadpool as of right now plainly works. I recognize Apocalypse wasn't loved, but to me it was my 1990's X-Men animated series movie that I wanted to see from December 1999 when I saw the cryptic X logo poster for the first movie. The closest before that was maybe X2 and First Class.
The X-Men can go back, but I don't believe we'll ever see a truly faithful representation as they under the helm of Claremont & Cockrum (followed by Byrne). We got bits 'n pieces before, but now they'll just become vanilla-fied as they're absorbed into the physiology of the MCU.

Deadpool may be the one character immune to this, because his movies will be major moneymakers as is. They may release him under a ___ Studios banner, much like an imprint such as DC's Vertigo.

Obviously, the Fantastic Four are the characters who stand to benefit the most from the acquisition.

First Class is the best X-team film, bar none. But to maintain that level of quality, Vaughn would have to return to the franchise. Or maybe the Russos can handle that, since they'll be done with Avengers 4.

Old 12-09-2017, 05:40 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:

We'll never see a movie like Logan again, not under the banner of the MCU.

Still would love to see a version of Logan/Wolverine that's closer to the comics then what we have seen as of yet. No one is going do a version of Logan where he's 5'5 and true to the comic. While I liked Logan better then any of the other versions it still wasn't what I had hoped for.

Last edited by reed067; 12-09-2017 at 05:50 PM..

Old 12-09-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Still would love to see a version of Logan/Wolverine that's closer to the comics then what we have seen as of yet. No one is going do a version of Logan where he's 5'5 and true to the comic. While I liked Logan better then any of the other versions it still wasn't what I had hoped for.
Too true. I'd like to see a version of the X-Men that delivers on the characters and foregoes "star power" so we get something right off the pages of X-Men #94. Bring in Thunderbird, too!

Old 12-09-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Too true. I'd like to see a version of the X-Men that delivers on the characters and foregoes "star power" so we get something right off the pages of X-Men #94. Bring in Thunderbird, too!

I remember reading one book can't remember which one it was but in it Logan ran bootleg liquor with Mystic, he knew Earnest Hemingway. There is SO much RICH history with Logan yet to be explored they could really do the story line some justice. Give the fans what they want and give the others something new.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:50 PM

^Can we have a "Hell, yeah!"

Old 12-10-2017, 10:22 AM

I would love to see Vaughn or The Russos take on X-Men. I do want to see what Kinsberg can do with Dark Phoenix though.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:24 AM

22,918 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Give the fans what they want and give the others something new.
The problem: The fans don't know what they want, and what they want is all over the place. Try pleasing everyone and you'll end up pleasing no one --- which goes a long way to explaining a lot of bad comic book movies.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The problem: The fans don't know what they want, and what they want is all over the place. Try pleasing everyone and you'll end up pleasing no one --- which goes a long way to explaining a lot of bad comic book movies.
I fully agree. That was the issue with Justice League. The Snyder fans wanted the Snyder vision while that isn't what most movie goers want, they want Wonder Woman if not a more Marvel style film.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:00 PM

[quote=Mark S.;50361807]
The problem: The fans don't know what they want, and what they want is all over the place. Try pleasing everyone and you'll end up pleasing no one --- which goes a long way to explaining a lot of bad comic book movies.[
/quote]

I think the fans know more then the causal movie goer does. We have more of an idea then they do they just sort of walk in not sure what to expect. OR as mk said a Marvel style movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post

I fully agree. That was the issue with Justice League. The Snyder fans wanted the Snyder vision while that isn't what most movie goers want, they want Wonder Woman if not a more Marvel style film.
Can't help it if Wonder Woman was the star of the movie again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies