U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-01-2017, 05:20 PM
 
3,359 posts, read 1,089,120 times
Reputation: 1907

Advertisements


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy6tXjaI1aY









Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-01-2017, 07:39 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
21,068 posts, read 11,293,385 times
Reputation: 7633
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Sony and especially Fox aren't letting theirs go. They'll just "share" them. Fox has just had two hits, with Deadpool and Logan. Sony hasn't has a legit hit since Raimi's Spider-Man movies. Yeah, ASM and ASM2 grossed quite a bit, but they didn't net zip.

If all of Marvel's characters do eventually converge in the MCU, Sony and Fox will be taking their slices. And that won't be a small pie.
Sony is doing Spider-Man: Homecoming with Marvel Studios, kind of in a Incredible Hulk way. That said Sony is doing that silly Silver Sable/Black Cat movie and the Venom movie that won't be in the MCU which makes little sense in the day and age of connected universes. I don't see Fox doing that because they are relatively successful. That said, I stupidly thought First Class was in the MCU at first...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2017, 09:26 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
4,246 posts, read 1,959,621 times
Reputation: 2867
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Sony is doing Spider-Man: Homecoming with Marvel Studios, kind of in a Incredible Hulk way. That said Sony is doing that silly Silver Sable/Black Cat movie and the Venom movie that won't be in the MCU which makes little sense in the day and age of connected universes. I don't see Fox doing that because they are relatively successful. That said, I stupidly thought First Class was in the MCU at first...
It sounds like Sony are going to try to make movies with a Spider fan audience base. Only Spider-Man can do nothing to interfere with his MCU canon. And they can't blow up Hell's Kitchen or expect a cameo from Samuel L. Jackson. In other words a con as opposed to the X-Men only facing sentinel robots instead of men in exoskeleton combat suits and extraterrestrial aliens along with people with super human powers that they were not born with.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2017, 10:00 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
21,068 posts, read 11,293,385 times
Reputation: 7633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
It sounds like Sony are going to try to make movies with a Spider fan audience base. Only Spider-Man can do nothing to interfere with his MCU canon. And they can't blow up Hell's Kitchen or expect a cameo from Samuel L. Jackson. In other words a con as opposed to the X-Men only facing sentinel robots instead of men in exoskeleton combat suits and extraterrestrial aliens along with people with super human powers that they were not born with.
Sony wants a Spider-verse. They just had their plans set back some three/four years due to the failure that was The Amazing Spider-Man 2 remember, there were talks of a Sinister Six movie before we would ever see The Amazing Spider-Man 3 and a Venom movie in that universe with Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker. They even teased Black Cat with Felicity Jones. Then we saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2 bomb and **** the bed. That was so bad Sony decided that what they needed to do was to have Marvel interaction and involvement.

I don't get anything in your other point out seems like rambling.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2017, 03:41 PM
 
3,359 posts, read 1,089,120 times
Reputation: 1907
Quote:
Warner Bros. to show off ‘Justice League’ and ‘Aquaman’ at San Diego Comic-Con

The cast of Justice League is scheduled to be there, including Ben Affleck (Batman), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Jason Momoa (Aquaman), Ezra Miller (The Flash) and Ray Fisher (Cyborg). No word on if director Zack Snyder will attend, and Joss Whedon has already said that he won’t be able to make it. Henry Cavill (Superman) is also noticeably absent.
Warner Bros. to show off 'Justice League' and 'Aquaman' at San Diego Comic-Con - Batman News
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2017, 04:59 AM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
21,068 posts, read 11,293,385 times
Reputation: 7633
Sadly that's all they truly got going. Everything else is re-scheduled, delayed with no new date announced or awaiting an announcement like their sequel movies.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2017, 12:00 PM
 
3,359 posts, read 1,089,120 times
Reputation: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Sadly that's all they truly got going. Everything else is re-scheduled, delayed with no new date announced or awaiting an announcement like their sequel movies.
They always have more to present than they advertise. I'm expecting MoS2's announcement, and some other stuff.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2017, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
21,068 posts, read 11,293,385 times
Reputation: 7633
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
They always have more to present than they advertise. I'm expecting MoS2's announcement, and some other stuff.
They have however had to delay just about every project after Justice League besides Aquaman. The only project Marvel Studios officially announcedand then dropped was The Inhumans, but that would have been tricky as a movie. Even eight episodes in that tv series we will see in the fall might not be enough.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2017, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Maine
12,549 posts, read 17,212,785 times
Reputation: 13397
Does the new CLOAK & DAGGER tv show tie-in to the Marvelverse?

Although I haven't been impressed with anything I've seen on that show so far, I've been a Cloak & Dagger fan since the '80s and am hoping against hope this show might not be as terrible as I'm afraid it will be.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2017, 08:12 PM
 
3,359 posts, read 1,089,120 times
Reputation: 1907
Movies only, baby! TV shows get discussed in TV. (And C&D's airing on Freeform, so it's gonna suck.)
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top