Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2018, 07:17 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'll believe it when I see it, but I expect you're right.

That said, there is nothing inherent to Superman being a white guy. He's from Krypton. They could actually make him blue if they wanted to.

Honestly though, the problem with their movies is not that Superman isn't "fresh" or "modern." If The DC movie-verse is trying to make him "different" before they have figured out (and they haven't) who Superman essentially is, then it doesn't really matter who they cast. It won't work.
Also, if his energy source is the Sun then it would make sense for his skin color to be a little darker.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:29 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,618,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Yeah, you (AFtrEFkt) were the one that shot down Michael B Jordan down without a second thought...
Again, you did not understand what I said. It is a RUMOR that has RESURFACED thanks to Twitter. It's nothing new. I simply said he won't be cast as Superman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
A rumor that resurfaced; won't happen.
In fact, if Cavill is truly done (and his manager seems to hint otherwise), I don't think we'll see a new Superman for a while.

Plus, if Marvel does intend to use Killmonger again, that's where you'll find MBJ. Not in another CBM franchise. The guy does not have to hunt down work.

More often than not, a pejorative is a derogatory term. Do you think a Mexican likes being called a frijol?

Old 09-13-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
I'll believe it when I see it, but I expect you're right.

That said, there is nothing inherent to Superman being a white guy. He's from Krypton. They could actually make him blue if they wanted to.

Honestly though, the problem with their movies is not that Superman isn't "fresh" or "modern." If The DC movie-verse is trying to make him "different" before they have figured out (and they haven't) who Superman essentially is, then it doesn't really matter who they cast. It won't work.
You'll believe what? That MBJ won't be Superman? If anything, there are probably 117 actors the studio's looking at as a possible replacement. Nowhere has it been said Jordan's on the shortlist. That's just Twitter spindrift, dude.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:39 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
You'll believe what? That MBJ won't be Superman?
Correct. I do not think that will happen.

If Cavill is indeed done, I suspect Superman will be done for a while. But I'm not convinced Cavill is out. It sounds like he and his agent are playing poker with WB. Probably for more money. And I think Cavill probably has the stronger hand. "Hey, I've got a healthy career elsewhere. I don't need you any more, and you guys need to get your poo-poo together and stop making bad movies with this character or I'm out. You need me more than I need you."

Old 09-13-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:

If Cavill is indeed done, I suspect Superman will be done for a while. But I'm not convinced Cavill is out. It sounds like he and his agent are playing poker with WB. Probably for more money. And I think Cavill probably has the stronger hand. "Hey, I've got a healthy career elsewhere. I don't need you any more, and you guys need to get your poo-poo together and stop making bad movies with this character or I'm out. You need me more than I need you."
Healthier career?? Man of Steel was his IT movie. MI6 was interesting but that is all Tom Cruise. I remember reading he wanted to do James Bond.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Superman.html

Old 09-13-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:

Ditto. WB's "statement" was wholly noncommittal and lacked any sense of finality toward the issue. Henry's Instagram post with the action figure suggests that the whole story is either extremely flawed or invalid, which is really funny considering THR broke it.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Healthier career??
He's got work lined up and money in the bank. That is more than 99% of profesional actors can say.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Ditto. WB's "statement" was wholly noncommittal and lacked any sense of finality toward the issue. Henry's Instagram post with the action figure suggests that the whole story is either extremely flawed or invalid, which is really funny considering THR broke it.
Or it could all just be a publicity stunt. Who knows?

Old 09-13-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
It's a really awkward publicity stunt. He posted a video of himself raising and lower a superman doll with dog barking in the background.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
That's exactly what I think it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies