Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2017, 07:24 AM

730 posts, read 1,313,881 times

Advertisements

This movie was released over a month ago, but hasn't been playing in local theaters, and I don't see it coming anytime soon.

Any info on why the movie would be released so sporadically; it was in 3 theaters in Boston, but nothing here on Cape Cod or even close by.

Strange!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 08:58 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,952,776 times
Ugh.I know. I have been wanting to see this. I love me some Sam Elliot.

It's not showing anywhere near me.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:36 PM

23,460 posts, read 44,068,152 times
It's only in limited release. Will go to disc/streaming in September.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:02 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,849,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMarcan920 View Post
This movie was released over a month ago, but hasn't been playing in local theaters, and I don't see it coming anytime soon.

Any info on why the movie would be released so sporadically; it was in 3 theaters in Boston, but nothing here on Cape Cod or even close by.

Strange!
It is what is considered an independent or "art" film--
Low appeal to the masses so not playing many multi-cinemas--especially when you have movies playing in multiple theaters because they are IMAX or 3D as well as regular format like Planet of the Apes or Dunkirk...

We saw The Hero a couple of weeks ago...
Not as insightful as the reviews praised it for being--
I do not care for the female co-star---maybe that tinged my reaction but my husband who liked her previous series and really likes Sam Elliot's work didn't rate it higher than B+...

Old 10-08-2017, 04:09 PM

19,407 posts, read 15,231,592 times
I liked it. I thought there was great chemistry between Sam Elliott and both Laura Prepon and Nick Offerman (really liked him in this). Scenes rang very true, felt "real." I also liked Krysten Ritter in this role. She's so often cast as the quirky type.

There are some slower, introspective parts that will probably turn some people off.

Overall, I like how Laura Prepon's character helped him deal with and view his situation.

There was also some nice scenery. I lust for his house!

Spoiler
Amusing little ending. Nothing spectacular, but I don't even like to mention things like this because then you're kind of waiting for the ending and might be disappointed.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:58 PM

52,222 posts, read 52,648,334 times
I really liked this movie. I wish that there were more like it. I'm so sick and tired of Hollywood blockbuster types. Always with the silly glib trying to hard to be cool snappy dialog that sounds about as real and fresh as a crappy fully loaded up diaper.

This was at times a bit slow, but it was really well done, felt real and came off genuine. I like the chemistry all the characters had together.

Solid acting, solid writing and solid directing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies