Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 10:14 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,979,052 times

Advertisements

In this video, it has the latest trailer and earlier trailer that has Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song in it. But I thought that the latest trailer(the 1st one on the video) looked rather goofy, and it makes me think about the video that AFtrEFkt posted here. Therefore, does anyone have any thoughts so far about what they know about this movie?

THOR RAGNAROK Trailer 2 (Extended) Marvel 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTgNlfAht4I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 10:45 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,979,052 times
Also, I had read that TR's director, Taika Waititi Claims 80% Of THOR: RAGNAROK Was Improvised Lines. Hmmm.

Dialogue In ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Ad-Libbed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRM1_6FZ5b8

Also, I had read that this film might have the shortest runtime out of all of the MCU films.

Thor Ragnarok To Be Shortest MCU Movie To Date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAhMv1OkOAQ

Although, to me, it's actually about the quality of the film because sometimes you can have a really long movie that's not that great(and vice versa). But I prefer epic movies to be somewhat long. Therefore, I'm not sure what to say about Ragnarok's short runtime.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:52 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,452,945 times
I'm excited to see it myself although they did seem to mix in some WWH story line in it. I have no idea what the run time in it is myself haven't looked.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:20 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,586,357 times
I think Ragnarok (which obviously won't really deal with the subject of its title, except in a fleeting fashion) is going to be a dramedy. The tone of the trailers is pretty lightweight, save for a few select moments. Everyone in the trailer looks like they're self-aware, like they know the cameras are on them — i.e. the "Will Smith Effect" — and are hamming it up, smiling, having a good time.

These two words will likely factor into a ticket purchase: "Discount Tuesday."

Old 08-12-2017, 10:22 AM

29,667 posts, read 34,178,779 times
I love Taika Waititi's work--he's not an action director, he's done a lot of comedy with Jemaine Clements from Flight of the Concords, and Hunt for the Wilderpeople was one of my favorite movies last year. I'm excited to see what he does with Thor.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I'm excited to see it myself although they did seem to mix in some WWH story line in it. I have no idea what the run time in it is myself haven't looked.
That's what sucks. Planet Hulk/World War Hulk deserves its own movie, but due to Universal (who holds the distribution rights for Hulk) wanting in on a large chunk of the action, Marvel won't make a solo Hulk movie (confirmed by Ruffalo).

Old 08-12-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I love Taika Waititi's work--he's not an action director, he's done a lot of comedy with Jemaine Clements from Flight of the Concords, and Hunt for the Wilderpeople was one of my favorite movies last year. I'm excited to see what he does with Thor.
And what a film called Ragnarok should be is a big action-centric film. Maybe it should be called Odinson and Hulk Go to Mart.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:29 AM

29,667 posts, read 34,178,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
And what a film called Ragnarok should be is a big action-centric film. Maybe it should be called Odinson and Hulk Go to Mart.
Kenneth Branaugh directed the first Thor, and he's not known for his action credentials. Ryan Coogler is directing Black Panther. The directors of Captain Marvel are from the indie film circuit. It's an interesting choice for the studio to make this kind of movie with directors who are coming from different genres. It makes for a better film.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 08-12-2017 at 10:41 AM..

Old 08-12-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Kenneth Branaugh directed the first Thor, and he's not known for his action credentials.
If you check his filmography, it's an eclectic one.

Quote:
Ryan Coogler is directing Black Panther.
He directed Creed. It's not a rom-com.

Quote:
The directors of Captain Marvel are from the indie film circuit. It's an interesting choice for the studio to make this kind of movie with directors who are coming from different genres. It makes for a better film.
Not always.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:31 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,452,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
That's what sucks. Planet Hulk/World War Hulk deserves its own movie, but due to Universal (who holds the distribution rights for Hulk) wanting in on a large chunk of the action, Marvel won't make a solo Hulk movie (confirmed by Ruffalo).

As you know Marvel did do Planet Hulk movie and I don't see them doing a live version of it. Only the true Hulk fans would like it. Everyone likes the Hulk/Thor dynamic which is why we have this movie instead. It looks good NOT great and it will make money just not totally make comic book fans happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies