Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 10:24 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times

Advertisements

I remember the beginning as the OP stated, but I cannot remember the movie. I watch too many. Just discussed it with my wife, and as a result I did more research. It was Manchester by the sea, but the fire occurred in a flashback later in the movie, not in the beginning of the movie. The main character, who was called on to take care of his nephew, was in depression because of what happened to his own family.

Last edited by Cruzincat; 09-02-2017 at 10:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 05:34 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,748,990 times
I wish IMDB. better know as Internet Movie Database was not sold to Amazon. Everyone use to be able to go to the message boards, but the new Fascist owners got rid of all the boards.

Old 09-02-2017, 07:33 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
I wish IMDB. better know as Internet Movie Database was not sold to Amazon. Everyone use to be able to go to the message boards, but the new Fascist owners got rid of all the boards.
We had a thread about that, actually. I was attacked for questioning the act of censorship which was the main reason they threw out the message boards on IMDb. Years and years of valuable information singed overnight.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:52 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I remember the beginning as the OP stated, but I cannot remember the movie. I watch too many. Just discussed it with my wife, and as a result I did more research. It was Manchester by the sea, but the fire occurred in a flashback later in the movie, not in the beginning of the movie. The main character, who was called on to take care of his nephew, was in depression because of what happened to his own family.
See the previous page of this thread (page 1)....the OP already replied that the movie he/she is thinking about is not Manchester by the Sea. I join other posters in lamenting that the IMDB message boards no longer exist to help us with potential answers.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:19 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
We had a thread about that, actually. I was attacked for questioning the act of censorship which was the main reason they threw out the message boards on IMDb. Years and years of valuable information singed overnight.
I was(and still am)so PO'd with IMDb for doing that!😡👎

Old 09-08-2017, 02:27 PM

28 posts, read 26,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
See the previous page of this thread (page 1)....the OP already replied that the movie he/she is thinking about is not Manchester by the Sea. I join other posters in lamenting that the IMDB message boards no longer exist to help us with potential answers.

I was wrong. That is the movie. Thank you.

Old 09-10-2017, 02:59 PM

109 posts, read 66,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckcheese View Post
I was wrong. That is the movie. Thank you.
Curious, but what made you think this movie was from the 60s?

Old 09-11-2017, 06:37 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatethemedia View Post
Curious, but what made you think this movie was from the 60s?
That wasn't the OP who said 60's

Old 09-13-2017, 12:58 PM

518 posts, read 1,052,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
I totally agree. Bezo's is an A $$ hole. I was using that site daily for discussions. Now they and Amazon are dead to me. At the very least they could have frozen and archived the discussions.

Old 09-13-2017, 01:10 PM

52,232 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckcheese View Post
At the beginning of the movie, a starts a fire in his fireplace and then leaves his house to get get beer. When he returns, he finds that the entire house caught on fire from the fire he started, and that though his wife was rescued, his three kids died. Thanks in advance!
Manchester by the Sea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies