U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2017, 03:25 PM

9,386 posts, read 5,364,006 times

Advertisements

December 9, 2017 release according to IMDB.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 06:48 AM

24,969 posts, read 43,615,540 times
OK--we were going to see this when the first trailers w/Spacey came out
Then Spacey was exposed and they recast/filmed w/Plummer--much more elegant as Getty--
So we were like ok--we still want to see it
Now with the way Michelle Williams was screwed on the money front, I am wondering why it is OK to boycott because the original w/Spacey was objectionable but now knowing how Wahlberg took advantage of the reshoot to enrich himself and say F-U to the other actors--and basically screwed Michelle Williams who won a Golden Globe for her performance and likely will get Oscar nomination...there is not the same mention of boycotting the film as protest of the injustice...

If I were Ms. Williams--who gave up Thansgiving with her daughter to refilm her shots-- would definitely change my representation---
The COMPANY knew even if her own agent might not---believe me---the company knew they were doing good for Markie Mark...and it just highlights the disparity between capable female actors and male counterparts...

Why anyone would need to work for a reduced wage on the original movie with a director like Scott and two/three stars like the headliners is beyond my scope---
It looks like this would have been a great holiday film and done well at the box office
I can't believe there were no salaries tied to the overall success and backend monies if the film was a success...
The fact that director Scott was touting the "fact" that the actors basically reshot for minimum to enable the second version with Plummer makes him seem less than credible going forward--
If he didn't really know all the details then he should have kept his mouth shut...

Old 01-11-2018, 05:13 PM

I didn't like it.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:37 PM

Reviewers who saw both have said Plummer was better than Spacey
Dont think it is feel-good family values
And Wahlberg likely sop to overseas buyers for his pull

What is your complaint
U are insightful

Old 01-12-2018, 03:02 PM

6,471 posts, read 3,132,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Now with the way Michelle Williams was screwed on the money front, I am wondering why it is OK to boycott because the original w/Spacey was objectionable but now knowing how Wahlberg took advantage of the reshoot to enrich himself and say F-U to the other actors--and basically screwed Michelle Williams who won a Golden Globe for her performance and likely will get Oscar nomination...there is not the same mention of boycotting the film as protest of the injustice...
My suspicion is that Wahlberg wasn't trying to say FU to the other actors. When Williams was contacted regarding the reshoot, she said basically "sure, and because of the reason for the re-shoot, I would like to refuse (return?) the money I would earn from this". Wahlberg likely didn't know this. Meanwhile, he has a clause in his contract where he has a right to approve costars (according to what I heard on the news this morning) and because he wasn't involved in the recast, he (or perhaps his management company, on his behalf) was able to negotiate a higher fee (who wouldn't, if given the opportunity?)

The blame here lays on the part of the management company, who represents them both. Clearly they have a favorite client. LOL

Old 01-12-2018, 03:12 PM

I read Wahlburg was unhappy to take less than his normal fee range--felt he was being taken "advantage" of by the companies involved because his name was the "only" bankable one
Wahlburg does have rep as pushy and self-aggrandizing

Williams had already worked for a reduced fee even if her max is less than his
And I supose she trusted her representation to be fair
I think she has claim against her agency--
There is a fiduciary responsibility there being ignored I think

Old 01-12-2018, 03:53 PM

i like drama on the screen, and the rest can entertain someone else.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:50 AM

This movie has already been moved from the AMC mall location where we usually go in Sarasota--
Still at theater in Venice, south of us...so will go there today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or