U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 01:51 PM

9,352 posts, read 4,540,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Maybe they can tie it into "The Grey" and have them rescued by a feral Liam Neeson living in a cave.
Oh my god, I just laughed out loud. Thanks for that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 05:40 PM

9,828 posts, read 11,408,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Oh my god, I just laughed out loud. Thanks for that!
Your welcome. Glad I got a smile out of that one. Interesting part is I thought about it and actually pictured the scene in my mind. It seems a bit feasible actually. Liam wouldn't go for it though. Hes filming Taken 4: Thugs take Liams Gerbil. The gerbil is named Richard. After Richard Gere.

Liam you're awesome dont come after me.

Old 10-08-2017, 01:47 PM

7,126 posts, read 5,837,276 times
I saw this today. It's a pretty okay way to pass an afternoon. Nothing life shattering. I was little disappointed in the ending but I would recommend the movie if someone is looking for light entertainment.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:07 PM

12,065 posts, read 10,378,584 times
My mom asked me to go see this with her so I did. I think it couldíve been a decent film if it hadnít been for the

Spoiler
romantic subplot between the two main characters. It was really unnecessary. I mean, one minute youíre about to get married and the next minute youíre having sex with another man? They were only stranded for a few weeks. Lame.

The dog was awesome though.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
My mom asked me to go see this with her so I did. I think it couldíve been a decent film if it hadnít been for the

Spoiler
romantic subplot between the two main characters. It was really unnecessary. I mean, one minute youíre about to get married and the next minute youíre having sex with another man? They were only stranded for a few weeks. Lame.

The dog was awesome though.
I agree with your main point. There's a time and place for everything and this wasn't it.

I was hoping they would be forced to eat the dog.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
I agree with your main point. There's a time and place for everything and this wasn't it.

I was hoping they would be forced to eat the dog.
You were hoping they WOULD be? That was honestly what I was thinking was going to happen when I saw that the dog survived the crash.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
You were hoping they WOULD be? That was honestly what I was thinking was going to happen when I saw that the dog survived the crash.
It's a disaster/survival movie. Ever hear of the Donner Party? They ate the other animal. Why not the dog? It's an animal also. It would have shown the truly dire nature of the situation.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
It's a disaster/survival movie. Ever hear of the Donner Party? They ate the other animal. Why not the dog? It's an animal also. It would have shown the truly dire nature of the situation.
No one wants to see a nice dog get eaten. Especially not so
Spoiler
the two characters could live to have a cheesy romance.

Old 10-09-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
No one wants to see a nice dog get eaten. Especially not so
Spoiler
the two characters could live to have a cheesy romance.
Dogs are not exempt from the food chain.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:33 PM

21,335 posts, read 41,735,172 times
Quote:
Or that the dog would eat them---
But labs are just big babies

I saw it today
Neither the two humans nor the dog actually lose any weight during the 3 weeks they are stranded with minimal amount of food
They are in world of ice and snow in blinding light much of the time and neither one has sun glasses or goes "snow blind"
Her camera continues to work despite cold draining the batteries and/or other temp issues
They both must have really needed the money because it is about the worst movie I have seen Winslet in
Idris didn't help himself win a Bond job either...

Imagine "An Affair to Remember" but set in a plane crash in the Rockies vs a cruise on the Med...

We went intending to see "Victoria and Abdul" but it was full except the front row so opted for this vs going home...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies