U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 12:09 AM

11,253 posts, read 9,807,744 times

Advertisements

OH YEAH....Bond... James Bond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 01:50 AM

13,577 posts, read 9,611,244 times
Even the trailer seems extremely boring. I will only watch this to see the two of them.

Also, Idris Elba seems to suffer from the same affliction Sam Elliott does. I have not come across one woman who is not enamored by either of them.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:54 AM

12,368 posts, read 10,839,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Even the trailer seems extremely boring. I will only watch this to see the two of them.

Also, Idris Elba seems to suffer from the same affliction Sam Elliott does. I have not come across one woman who is not enamored by either of them.

Iím not.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Iím not.
But you lean toward women, don't you? Penchant for breasts, etc.?

Old 10-10-2017, 05:12 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,424,293 times
Quote:

It's not boring. It's a classic "let's get home" movie.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:13 AM

10,046 posts, read 11,787,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Or that the dog would eat them---
But labs are just big babies

I saw it today
Neither the two humans nor the dog actually lose any weight during the 3 weeks they are stranded with minimal amount of food
They are in world of ice and snow in blinding light much of the time and neither one has sun glasses or goes "snow blind"
Her camera continues to work despite cold draining the batteries and/or other temp issues
They both must have really needed the money because it is about the worst movie I have seen Winslet in
Idris didn't help himself win a Bond job either...

Imagine "An Affair to Remember" but set in a plane crash in the Rockies vs a cruise on the Med...

We went intending to see "Victoria and Abdul" but it was full except the front row so opted for this vs going home...
Sounds like they maintained coiffed hair, pearly white teeth and good looks despite being stranded in wilderness. Its a common thing in most of these films. Actors look great nearly all the time. Ever been stressed out at home for a week or two, and you notice you look haggard from maybe lack of sleep alone? A person would look real beaten down after just a few days out in a wilderness area if stranded! You would look as worn out as Motley Crue after a 5 day drunk bender while on tour. Others notice it even quicker.

Im still going give it a watch on cable probably.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:07 AM

12,368 posts, read 10,839,824 times
Quote:
But you lean toward women, don't you? Penchant for breasts, etc.?
I can appreciate nice boobs, but I donít lean toward women.

Old 10-10-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Okay. Like I said, I like them as actors, so that's good to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I can appreciate nice boobs, but I donít lean toward women.
So there ARE straight women who aren't a fan of them both. My mistake. lol

Old 10-10-2017, 07:03 PM

23,629 posts, read 42,874,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
The plot is archetype to be sure--likely beginning with "The Odyssey" as a return home filled with adventure and reversals...
But this is not a classic movie by any means
And there were times when the attraction between Winslet and Elba seemed contrived...
She is really not very likeable at first and you have to question if someone who is as rational as he is would really take that flight on such a questionable charter plane...
But something has to put them on that peak...

Old 10-10-2017, 07:22 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,424,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The plot is archetype to be sure--likely beginning with "The Odyssey" as a return home filled with adventure and reversals...
But this is not a classic movie by any means
And there were times when the attraction between Winslet and Elba seemed contrived...
She is really not very likeable at first and you have to question if someone who is as rational as he is would really take that flight on such a questionable charter plane...
But something has to put them on that peak...
Classic in the sense that it was a man vs nature story. We've seen that before in many disaster type movies. Even elements from films like The Revenant.

The Winslet/Elba thing...it was strange as she seemed bizarrely interested in him from the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or