U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 11:14 PM

6,419 posts, read 3,601,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
LOL. They probably used the entire formula of Empire Strikes Back to make this film.
The early tweets say the structure is similar, but it deviates from it in many ways. Based on those, it has exceeded expectations, and I suspect it will be a definite favorite for me. (and I loved TFA)

And it's freakin' Rian Johnson. He directed Breaking Bad's Ozymandias, which is regarded as the best, highest rated TV show episode of all-time. And Looper. They also gave him a trilogy to play with/direct, so they obviously have faith in his vision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 11:56 AM

1,337 posts, read 436,006 times
96% on RT. It's highest rated Star Wars movie. It's gonna be hard not reading any articles online before I see the movie. It will be some arze holes out there just waiting to spill spoilers....smh Be careful

Old 12-13-2017, 08:30 AM

1,147 posts, read 538,862 times
4.5 Review...can’t wait to see The Last Jedi!!

‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Review: Rian Strikes Back

https://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/s...-movie-review/
Attached Thumbnails
Do you think The Last Jedi will be bad like TFA or good?-981fe976-9e6d-4cc1-acaa-831ddc5a6b99.jpeg  

Old 12-13-2017, 08:55 AM

13,436 posts, read 18,159,725 times
I'm hearing more and more "the best STAR WARS movie since The Empire Strikes Back."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq_98dJuIck

Old 12-13-2017, 09:50 AM

1,523 posts, read 467,856 times
As an old guy, I'm banking on it being awful. There were rave reviews of Force Awakens and it was terrible. I don't buy reviewers opinions anymore. They are all shills for the movie studios.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:11 AM

2,223 posts, read 872,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
As an old guy, I'm banking on it being awful. There were rave reviews of Force Awakens and it was terrible. I don't buy reviewers opinions anymore. They are all shills for the movie studios.
This.

They said the same about TFA and honestly, I thought the prequels were better than TFA.

Everything I've read about TLA is pretty bad, tbh.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:31 PM

10,730 posts, read 3,292,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
This.

They said the same about TFA and honestly, I thought the prequels were better than TFA.

If you truly thought the prequels were better than TFA then there really is no hope for you.

Funny story. My daughter and I went to see Attack of the Clones, and there was a brownout in the area about midway through the movie. The theater personnel came in to announce that they would be giving everyone a pass to come back and watch the movie again at another time.

Everyone in the theater groaned. There wasn't a single person there who wanted to sit through that dreck again. It was pretty funny how unified the audience was about how awful that movie was. No one wanted to come back to finish it.

TFA was head and shoulders above any of the prequels. And I am excited to see TLJ. The reviews for it have been good.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:15 PM

4,181 posts, read 1,593,952 times
The prequels were these great huge things...rolled by ginormous mutant dung beetles.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:02 PM

1,337 posts, read 436,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
This.

Please tell me you are smoking crack....lol

Old 12-14-2017, 05:39 AM

211 posts, read 83,818 times
TFA was disappointing for me (for being too much of a New Hope retread), though it was still okay.

Rogue One I felt was utterly pointless.

But I'm actually excited to see The Last Jedi tomorrow. Maybe my expectations have been tempered after the last two (though, I wasn't terribly excited about The Force Awakens at the time), but I am interested in seeing where the mysteries from TFA lead. Who are Rey's parents? (Luke would seem too predictable, Han and Leia would be the smarter choice.) What's Finn's real identity? Who is Snoke? I only expect the first to be revealed in TLJ, but who knows.

Also, on Snoke. He'll probably turn out to be a little guy blown up into a massive hologram. Whether he's just Snoke or someone else is a mystery. As dumb as it would probably be, I can't help but kind of want him to end up being Jar Jar Binks. Imagine that, the grand schemer of the entire Star Wars saga could be Jar Jar Binks. Of course that would (probably) be a stupid twist, though the ensuing meltdown from the hardcore fans is almost too irresistible to not think about. Granted, that would be fun in the same way watching the whole world burn and collapse would be fun, so not something I would seriously want to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies